Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, been thinking about it for a while and kinda want to get a second bike to start going to trackdays and learn more about motorcycle riding on the track. I started doing some with a 140cc Minimotard, but I wouldn't want to spend that money and then kinda have it sitting there.

so I've been looking for second handed 250 ninjas, I've looked at the service manual and the maintenance each 12K gives me some relief on quality wise as I've been looking for bikes with less than 20K and around 3 years old....

thought to share with you guys as many have gone through a lot of bikes and may help me deciding on whether or not should i pull the trigger on this one.

over here winter is coming as they say :p and many have started to sell their toys.

I'd just the ninja just few times at the month to go to the track and probably the first days-weeks would be riding it a lot more than the burgy but, have no seconds thoughts, the burman is my true love haha!

any input, advice, is really appreciate.

thank you

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
The only thing I could help with is make sure you are comfortable on the bike. Imagine being flat out going into a turn and make a bad move because you are so uncomfortable that you cannot think about what you need to be doing to make the upcoming turn or other rider, you get the idea. Good luck, I hope you find a great track bike!
Take care, ride safe.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
250 too little -- you'll get bored soon even if it's the first track bike. Would recommend Kawa zx6r for its engine or Suzi SV650 for corner handling.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about that little bike , supposedly the fastest 250cc bike on the planet ? Or was once ? Any way they are a lot of fun but not for every day at least for me . I say if it fits you physically and you like it , do it . Over here in the states you can buy one with fairly low miles like this for $1,500 U.S. .

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/4495309786.html

Have fun . TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about that little bike , supposedly the fastest 250cc bike on the planet ? Or was once ? Any way they are a lot of fun but not for every day at least for me . I say if it fits you physically and you like it , do it . Over here in the states you can buy one with fairly low miles like this for $1,500 U.S. .
The Honda Hornet 250 is faster{well that's what I have read anyway} but it is only for sale in Japan. It has a 40hp 4 cylinder engine.

A Ninja 250 can't be had everywhere in the USA! It was on my list when I was looking and several showed up on Craigslist/newspaper{4 or 5 in the 2 years I was looking} but they were way overpriced{except one but it was ratty as heck, didn't run and had no title}. One guy actually wanted double what KBB listed as retail. There are so few bikes available here and none are priced well! An average daily Craiglist motorcycle list here is 3 bikes which are often repeats from previous days. A great day will have a dozen bikes listed! Of coarse they are usually 75% cruisers and 10% ATV or dirt bikes. Scooters are super rare with one or two sports showing up each week.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey guys, been thinking about it for a while and kinda want to get a second bike to start going to trackdays and learn more about motorcycle riding on the track. I started doing some with a 140cc Minimotard, but I wouldn't want to spend that money and then kinda have it sitting there.

so I've been looking for second handed 250 ninjas, I've looked at the service manual and the maintenance each 12K gives me some relief on quality wise as I've been looking for bikes with less than 20K and around 3 years old....

thought to share with you guys as many have gone through a lot of bikes and may help me deciding on whether or not should i pull the trigger on this one.

over here winter is coming as they say :p and many have started to sell their toys.

I'd just the ninja just few times at the month to go to the track and probably the first days-weeks would be riding it a lot more than the burgy but, have no seconds thoughts, the burman is my true love haha!

any input, advice, is really appreciate.

thank you

Fernando,
I've done 20 to 30 track days a year (I'm an Control Rider/Coach) here in the US for the past 11 years and I've seen a lot of the small Ninja's in that time. They work particularly well on the smaller/tighter tracks and are very dependable and easy on the wallet (tires, fuel, brakes, etc.).

As some have pointed out, you'll get blown away on the straights, but you'll certainly be able to hone the riding skills of braking, throttle control, body positioning, race lines and cornering in general.

I'd say for you to give it a shot. Time on the track is a lot of fun and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I too like the 250cc Ninja's! A fun responsive bike on the track for sure!
For a new track rider you will not be overwhelmed and can concentrate on the keys to good track riding.
Good luck and have Fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts