Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how the BURGMAN 650 lettering in the rear of the bike is affixed? Is it just an adhesive that comes off easily or is it pegge through the skin?

I'm thinking about removal for a paint job.

Bill

·
Registered
125 Posts
The lettering is attached by adhesive. I removed them easily just by heating them with a hair dryer and peeling them off.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I've also read that some people use dental floss as a saw to cut through the adhesive after it's been heated with a hair dryer. Then use Goo Gone to finish up with what's left of the sticky stuff.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I'm thinking about just re-arranging them. Since I've often used my 650 to fetch supper, I could call it GRUB MAN. AM BRUNG doesn't make much sense. MUG BRAN doesn't either. I could use letters from both sides to label one side GRAB BAR, but that would leave the letters MUNG NUM to deal with.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Beavis and ButtHead would get a kick outa that last one!
:lol:

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's a great idea, but they will not restick after you remove them. You can get some letters online that work great, but are too big for a long name. Do a search for "Bling, bling" on this forum and it should get you the website.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
4DThinker said:
Down by the muffler.... BURN GAM.

Oh for an"E". :wink:
Since "gam" is an old slang for leg, labeling the area near the muffler "BURN GAM" is particularly appropriate. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Lettering on Burgman

The lettering on the sides of the 650 are easily removed with a heat gun
or hair dryer. However, as has already been noted, once off the pieces cannot be re-applied. New lettering can be ordered from your Suzuki dealer and is easily re-applied. On the down side, however, the new lettering is fairly expensive.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts