Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on setting up a knowledgebase of FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) and other useful information about Burgmans. The main reason for it is having a place 'Burgman Newbies' can locate information without reading every forum article or asking the same question (over and over) on the forum.

I've already got the programming done and am testing it. What I want to know is there anyone who would be willing to help writeup some questions and answers for more common issues? I'm fair at writing code but lousy at documentation. :)

If anyone wants to submit any articles, you can email them to [email protected] and I'll manually post them. Eventually, I'll have a better way to post new articles.

The URL for the Burgman Knowledgebase is http://faqstech.com/burgman/webbatch.exe?kb/techsupt.web. I have to as yet add any articles under the headings with the exception of a couple under KB Questions. If you would like to submit multiple articles, text file attachments or zipped text files are GREAT!

If you have any comments, questions, gripes, or anything else...you can post them here or email me at the address shown here

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
I didnt notice this at first. But both my mom and wife thought the "Q" in FAQ was actually a "G". You might be better off using capital letters on Faq. :lol:

Nice format and layout.

-Bryan

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ROTFL!

Never considered that. Maybe I just need to change the font. Had a lot of people see that logo and nobody ever said a word. But then again, most of them already knew the domain name.

Thanks for the compliment. The layout is pretty good, but what makes it great is the backend data is nothing but folders and text files. Basically each topic/subtopic is just a folder and all the articles are txt files. Makes it real simple to zip and backup.

It also counts each time an article is read and any searches ran. Looking at the stats, I can tell what new articles need to be created or which current ones need updated regularly.

I addded a couple of articles last night. As you can see...my writing skills leave much to be desired. :)

Bill

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New logo created and uploaded. Uppercased the FAQ portion. Thanks for the warning Bryan!

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts