Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My K4 will not start any more. Stalls at highway speeds, started once and I traveled a couple of miles and then stalls again. Will not start any more.
The first I checked spark plug firing - thats okay.
What else I need to check the first? Please help!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
An engine needs three things, air/fuel mix, spark and compression. Since you know you have spark check the air{clean airfilter} and then make sure fuel flows properly{manual shows how to test}. If those check out then test the compression. By the way how many miles on it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Having just gone through a similar fault, I would take a look at the ignition switch after checking out all fuses and obvious causes, ie. Battery connections, plugs etc..

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Zero compression or just so low that it can't be read on the gauge? With the spark plug out you can feel air move as you rotate the crank. You should also be able to shine a light in there and see if the valves are opening{might have to get into a weird position to see}.

·
Registered
292 Posts
If you have zero compression there are only possibilities. The rings are totally shot and not sealing at all or you have a valve stuck in the open position. Take the valve cover off and watch to see if the valves move, they may need to be adjusted. I doubt the rings are bad unless the bike was treated badly.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts