Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon, in spite of threatening clouds, I took a ride on the 650 just to enjoy the cooler weather (80 degrees). Shortly thereafter, I ran into a real heavy rainstorm that quickly resulted in some flooded roads.
At one intersection, the entire intersection was flooded but, because of heavy traffic, I had no choice but to slow and pass through with the green light. About 1/3 into the intersection I felt the water lapping at my boots. When I glanced down, I could see that the water level was over my floorboards. My only thought was, "Oh s _ _ _ ! Keep it going and don't stop now ".
Well, I made it through with no problems. I can only imagine what that black Burgman must have looked like to the traffic that was sitting at that intersection. I was really making a neat "bow wave" that would have made a jet ski proud! :D

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
:sign5: Way to go! But now you've let Suzukis new secret out of the bag. They call it the SeaWave in Japan but it will be known as the BurgSki in North America..............LOL I wish I could have seen that.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
That would be a nice show to watch, and you can even go in a little deeper since the air intake is up top
on the 400 anyway :lol:

·
Registered
196 Posts
allwalk said:
:sign5: Way to go! But now you've let Suzukis new secret out of the bag. They call it the SeaWave in Japan but it will be known as the BurgSki in North America..............LOL I wish I could have seen that.
pretty funny

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just got back from my ride - my first ride in the rain in a long time! I stopped 1 time when it was raining so hard the cars in front of me slowed to 20 mph (55 mph 2 lane) and the water was running across the road 2 - 3 inches deep. Had a nice conversation with a Vrod rider under a Citgo gas pavilion. When the rain subsided, I headed on home - only to get stuck behind a minivan with no shelter around. My shorts, tennis shoes, and "water resistant jacket" were soaked within a minute. When I pulled into my garage - I was soaked completely through - had to wring out my boxers!

It was the best time I had in a long time.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
drspencer48 said:
I just got back from my ride - my first ride in the rain in a long time! I stopped 1 time when it was raining so hard the cars in front of me slowed to 20 mph (55 mph 2 lane) and the water was running across the road 2 - 3 inches deep. Had a nice conversation with a Vrod rider under a Citgo gas pavilion. When the rain subsided, I headed on home - only to get stuck behind a minivan with no shelter around. My shorts, tennis shoes, and "water resistant jacket" were soaked within a minute. When I pulled into my garage - I was soaked completely through - had to wring out my boxers!

It was the best time I had in a long time.
You must have a duck somewhere in your lineage.. Just kidding...

I used to think nothing of riding in the rain. I've even been caught in snow three times - and rode to my destination. These days I try to avoid rain riding. The exception is touring - where you kinda have to press on. I have been lucky so far with touring this season. A brief shower or two is all I've had to contend with - didn't even have to stop and put on the rainsuit. I'm hoping Scootercade doesn't end that lucky streak - but seven consecutive rain-free days is a bit much to hope for... Sooner or later, I'll have to put on those Frogg Toggs.

·
Registered
270 Posts
burgman jet ski

:D Paul i just checked the long range forcast for are area. :roll: 30% chanceof isolated t-storms on Saturday,30% chance of scatted t-storms on Sunday,Partly cloudly on Monday,Tuesday & Wednesday,call for sunny weather. If you can count on these long range forcast. I don't know about your weather men up there. But are's have hard enought time just looking out the window to see what's going on at the monment. :p I know August is mostly dry & hot. We might welcome a little rain to cool things off. We're going to have a ball. :D

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Weathermen here have been wrong a lot this Summer. I went out on the bike a couple of days ago - no rain in the forecast. I checked it on my PC just before I left. I'm riding along, and I'm looking at the sky. There was definitely rain coming. Just made it back to the house before the downpour started. Went to my PC - the forecast had been hastily revised. It rained hard for at least 4 hours...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts