Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellow fellow Burgman owners!

My Zoomer got a big brother, a Suzuki Burgman 650.
In Belgian it has the nickname "den dikken" wich translated in English means "the fat one" :)

I am a 29 year old guy from Belgium, living in the nicest city of Europe: Ghent hehehe 8)

It's a full option Burgman 650 from 2009 (first ownerd bought it in 2010) with only 3204 kilometers, so it was as good as new, and so it look liked and so it rode.

Electric window, electric retractable mirrors, 12V connection, heated front and rear seats, heated grips, more than 60 litres storage capacity under the seat + top box.

I also installed a TomTom Rider gps, and a Tak-Lok cruise control.

Its a bomb!
52 horsepower
62 Nm!
but it has a great weight of 280 kilo's, however you dont notice that weight when you start rolling.

I was actually very fast at taming this beast, I think the zoomer 'experience' helped, but nonetheless I will take a intensive beginner course to get my riding skills at a high level
Safety above all right!

Nuff talking, time for some pics:

Kind regards!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
realised I nemver uploaded pictures? :eek

Anyway, here she is when I sold it and the new owner riding away

Than in december 2015 I got a CB1100EX

Than realised I missed some wind protection on longer trips, so I bought this beast, at age 35 :devil

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Nice bikes! I love the looks of that Ducati, although I bet it is nowhere near as comfortable as the Burgman.

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Wilkommen Riko, nice pics.

Hope ya replaced the old tires or at least gave 'em a real hard look, but looks like a great bike.

Cheers

Tromper

Reactions: Riko

·
Registered
404 Posts
Welcome aboard. I've got a good friend who lives in Belgium; he rides an old Kawasaki Voyager 6-cylinder. One of the nicest guys I know. You've got quite a collection.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Nice bikes! I love the looks of that Ducati, although I bet it is nowhere near as comfortable as the Burgman.

Italian design :wink

Well, I can certainly add my experiences in this matter :)
I've owned the Burgman for about 2 years and 8 months and ridden about 20.000km with it.

The Ducati I've owned since april 2017, so 1 year and 8 months and I've already ridden about 21.000km with it.

I can say the Ducati is at least as comfortable as the Burgman was, if not, more comfortable.
I especially bought a high screen to have the same level of frontal windprotection as I had on the Burgman.
The screen is also height adjustable, but not electric :) it is easy to adjust just with one hand however :)

Only thing thats not protected are my feet, but thats about it actually.
The bodywork of the Multistrada is also wide enough to deflect all the air away from the rest of my body.

Yeah the seat is bigger on the Burgman, much bigger, but with the (expensive) comfortseat on the Multi, I can seat hours without pain on the Multi as well...for a non-motorscooter, it does have a big surface and especially a comfortable foam that makes long rides a breeze.

I also have handguards and heated grips, wich in fact is an improvement over the Burgman.

The only thing I do not have, and the Burgman does have, is a heated seat.
Wich is a shame, since all its main competitors have that option: BMW GS (I think?), the Triumph Explorer, the KTM adventure bikes, and even the Superduke GT (wich I rode and is a absolute beast), and in certain markets, the Yamaha Super Tenere.
The new Multi does not seem to have that option still...but I assume aftermarkets are available.

And most importantly: I have cruise control, wich is just a joy on those long trips ànd a bigger fuel tank wich allows me to ride longer without stopping for gas.

All in all I find the Multistrada much more comfortable than the Burgman, specifially in features, not so much in seating and protection, in that department they are on par.
So in general, the Multi is for me a more comfortable bike.

A minor, is the lack of small storage compartment(s) in the fairing easy to reach....
I more or less found a 'solution' by buying a tank bag...but its not the same of course.
The new 2019 Superduke GT even has 2 storage compartments in the fairing, with one containing a 12V socket.

The multi does have a mini 12V socket at the front fairing and my GPS sits nicely in front of me above the display in my line of sight.
And I do have 2 USB connectors + a 12V socket under the pillion seat.
So connection wise, its more than equiped :)

Wilkommen Riko, nice pics.

Hope ya replaced the old tires or at least gave 'em a real hard look, but looks like a great bike.

Cheers

Tromper
I assume you are refering to the fat tire on the Multistrada? Yeah its been replaced already ;)
By a pure road Michelin tire.

Welcome aboard. I've got a good friend who lives in Belgium; he rides an old Kawasaki Voyager 6-cylinder. One of the nicest guys I know. You've got quite a collection.
Always dig 6 cylinder motorcyles, from the Honda boxer engines to the big K1600 beast from BMW (though not the most reliable bike).
Never heard of that Kawasaki big 6 :) but looks great indeed!

BTW, I don't own them all together, I switched :) I only own the Multistrada now (and my 50cc Honda Zoomer/Ruckus)
And this might sound strange, but I see the Multi as a combination of the key elements of both previous bikes:
- the comfort features of the Burgman 650EX
- the power delivery of a more tradtional chain driven motorcycle set up from the CB.

My Ruckus as it looks now :)

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Actually was thinking of the potentially nine year old tires on the Burgman...But glad ya got that one, it does look a bit thin there.

I assume you are refering to the fat tire on the Multistrada? Yeah its been replaced already ;)
By a pure road Michelin tire.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Italian design :wink

Well, I can certainly add my experiences in this matter :)
I've owned the Burgman for about 2 years and 8 months and ridden about 20.000km with it.

The Ducati I've owned since april 2017, so 1 year and 8 months and I've already ridden about 21.000km with it.

I can say the Ducati is at least as comfortable as the Burgman was, if not, more comfortable.
I especially bought a high screen to have the same level of frontal windprotection as I had on the Burgman.
The screen is also height adjustable, but not electric :) it is easy to adjust just with one hand however :)

Only thing thats not protected are my feet, but thats about it actually.
The bodywork of the Multistrada is also wide enough to deflect all the air away from the rest of my body.

Yeah the seat is bigger on the Burgman, much bigger, but with the (expensive) comfortseat on the Multi, I can seat hours without pain on the Multi as well...for a non-motorscooter, it does have a big surface and especially a comfortable foam that makes long rides a breeze.

I also have handguards and heated grips, wich in fact is an improvement over the Burgman.

The only thing I do not have, and the Burgman does have, is a heated seat.
Wich is a shame, since all its main competitors have that option: BMW GS (I think?), the Triumph Explorer, the KTM adventure bikes, and even the Superduke GT (wich I rode and is a absolute beast), and in certain markets, the Yamaha Super Tenere.
The new Multi does not seem to have that option still...but I assume aftermarkets are available.

And most importantly: I have cruise control, wich is just a joy on those long trips ànd a bigger fuel tank wich allows me to ride longer without stopping for gas.

All in all I find the Multistrada much more comfortable than the Burgman, specifially in features, not so much in seating and protection, in that department they are on par.
So in general, the Multi is for me a more comfortable bike.

A minor, is the lack of small storage compartment(s) in the fairing easy to reach....
I more or less found a 'solution' by buying a tank bag...but its not the same of course.
The new 2019 Superduke GT even has 2 storage compartments in the fairing, with one containing a 12V socket.

The multi does have a mini 12V socket at the front fairing and my GPS sits nicely in front of me above the display in my line of sight.
And I do have 2 USB connectors + a 12V socket under the pillion seat.
So connection wise, its more than equiped :)
:eekWell, WOW! I'm impressed! I stand corrected AND educated! Thanks!

You clearly are in another level, my friend. :smile
I am rather new to the Burgman; for me, it is an improvement. The nicest bike I've ridden (and owned) so far. Not that I've ridden many. LOL
Then again, I've never ridden a Multistrada (nor any Ducati, for that matter), nor a '19 Goldwing, so... take my comment with a grain of salt. :grin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts