Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding home last night and realized one of the best reasons we ride. Motorcycles in general and Burgmans in particular. They offer us freedom.
I've modified the quote but it came originally from Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a Burgman is, you know. It's not just tires and plastic and gears; that's what a Burgman needs. Not what a Burgman is. What the Burgman really is, is freedom.

That is my opinion anyway. Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
+1. I do soooo much more on my bikes than I would in a cage. I explore more, I hang with friends, going downtown is not such a chore, heck even running errands is kinda fun.

Nice sentiment.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
+1

Freedom, tranquility and relaxation. It reset mind and soul for next challenge life bring.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I agree! Who was it that said, "Four wheels move the body - Two wheels move the soul."
IMHO nothing does that better than a burgman!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Nothing brings me as much peace and utter tranquility as being out on two wheels. Since 1967 when I got my drivers license and could first legally ride a motorcycle the feeling of bliss when I am out on a country road on a warm sunny day is just the best feeling that there is. I know that my years of riding ahead of me are limited. Indeed, they are limited for us all. And someday I will put my kickstand down for the last time. And if that day coincides with the last day that I draw a breath, well, that's just fine with me.

Riding is living and living is riding. As long as God will let me do both I plan on doing so.

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>And someday I will put my kickstand down for the last time.<<

The nice thing about a scooter is that it extends the time that this will happen! :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
The fact that I took the Burgman over was the only thing good about going to my aunt's funeral.

My cousin, who rides a Harley, took one look at the Burgman and said, "You came all the way from Charleston [WV to Lexington, KY] on that?!"

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Nothing brings me as much peace and utter tranquility as being out on two wheels. Since 1967 when I got my drivers license and could first legally ride a motorcycle the feeling of bliss when I am out on a country road on a warm sunny day is just the best feeling that there is. I know that my years of riding ahead of me are limited. Indeed, they are limited for us all. And someday I will put my kickstand down for the last time. And if that day coincides with the last day that I draw a breath, well, that's just fine with me.

Riding is living and living is riding. As long as God will let me do both I plan on doing so.
Wow, nicely stated Rusty!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeh -- at 82 I thought my two wheel riding was over when I put the kick stand down on my Victory Vision in April of last year. But I happened to go the International Motorcycle Show and sit on a Burgman about a month ago! I found out I still enjoy 2 wheeling too much to give it up. 3 days later, I had a 2011 Burgman Executive. Love it!!!:p

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Yeh -- at 82 I thought my two wheel riding was over when I put the kick stand down on my Victory Vision in April of last year. But I happened to go the International Motorcycle Show and sit on a Burgman about a month ago! I found out I still enjoy 2 wheeling too much to give it up. 3 days later, I had a 2011 Burgman Executive. Love it!!!:p
My 09 650's stable mate is a Victory Vision 8 Ball that my son rides. I've ridden it & is nice but I like my 650. :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
+1. I do soooo much more on my bikes than I would in a cage. I explore more, I hang with friends, going downtown is not such a chore, heck even running errands is kinda fun.

Nice sentiment.
I haven't gotten to where I refer to cars as cages. I have noticed that I see them as people who don't know what they're missing being in their room on wheels. I've noticed that riding in a car or driving one divorces you from the experience of the journey most times. Whereas being on 2 wheels tends to make you present for it.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I think whatever feelings i can experience in a car, i get at home sitting near the window and turning my head. And i can swing back forth and side to side on sofa to make the ride complete :)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I had never ridden a motorcycle/scooter until my early 50's. Riding has been life-changing in the best possible way. I'm 61 now, and if I can ride for as long as some of you guys, I'll be a very happy man.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I had never ridden a motorcycle/scooter until my early 50's. Riding has been life-changing in the best possible way. I'm 61 now, and if I can ride for as long as some of you guys, I'll be a very happy man.
If I can LIVE for as long as some of you guys, I'll be a very happy man. :p

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The fact that I took the Burgman over was the only thing good about going to my aunt's funeral.

My cousin, who rides a Harley, took one look at the Burgman and said, "You came all the way from Charleston [WV to Lexington, KY] on that?!"
And you should have said in return: "And your point is?"

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

Typical hardlie rider crap.

You should invite him to ride in twisty with you. :p :) :D

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You know, today I was at our local Harley Davidson dealer, went to buy a pair of boots. At no time while I was there did I have anyone say anything derisive about my bike, I was on my Burgman. I did have a lot of questions from the guys that were gathered out in front but no rude comments. In fact I think I got one guy thinking about getting a Burgman himself. He asked me what kind of bike it was and wrote it all down in a little notebook he took out of his inner vest pocket. While inside, I was treated no different than anyone else and that was very well. This has been my experience at every Harley Dealer I have ever stopped at. Been treated better than at some of the Japanese brand dealers. I can see why Harley Davidson is the number one motorcycle seller in USA.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

1 - 20 of 33 Posts