Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What about the durability of the Burgman floor panel? Thats what sits between your feet and lower part of your legs on the Burgman. It appears that the plastic will scuff real easy. Is that a correct statement?
Is this a problem with anyone? Also, has anyone had any problems with the hinges on the glove compartment doors?
I have noticed that the glove compartment door is far superior to the Silverwing door. Comments would be appreciated
Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
floor panels......

Hi Georgia guy, I lived in Warner Robins for 13 years, moved back here
to Denver in 98....sure don't miss the humidity !

Anyway, I owned 2 Helix's before buying my 400, the floor panel material
on the Helix is the same "scuffable" material as on the Burgers. You
just have to be careful when bringing your feet across as I don't know of
any protectors you can buy for that area other than maybe a console
bag. Also, I use "Mequiar's Gold Class Endurance High Gloss" tire
protectant gel on the panels...it really makes them look good and will
not allow anything to stick to it. It doesn't turn colors on you either. Its
good stuff !! Try it and see if you agree....

This is the best I can do for you....we just have to learn to work with
the panels we got.

·
Registered
100 Posts
yep, it does scuff pretty easily, but if you srpitz some armor all on it after washing it, it looks pretty good. i like to get a bike real dirty before i clean it up, that way it always looks good when your done.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Floor Panels

Thanks scootermen for your replys. I guess the only thing to do is to live with it and keep it polished at wash time.
Thanks & happy safe riding.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
If you look on the Suzuki-Japan Burgman 400 accessory site, there is a photo of a hump/tunnel carpet. To date I have not found a way to get accessories from Japan, but if you are interested in this type a cover, it may get you some ideas.

·
Registered
100 Posts
scuffing

which got me to thinking, you could probably make a cover. indoor/outdoor carpeting, vinyl, leather- lots of stuff to choose from. you could use velcro to attach it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: scuffing

skootertrash said:
which got me to thinking, you could probably make a cover. indoor/outdoor carpeting, vinyl, leather- lots of stuff to choose from. you could use velcro to attach it.
Yeah, that was my thoughts, ought to be a way to attach a low pile outdoor carpet, or some other type material.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts