Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In looking around it seems very few Burgmans{outside of Japan} have been custom painted or at least had graphics added. I realize that many who ride Burgmans prefer the simple colors but variety is the spice of life and the stock colors are a bit plain IMHO.

If you have a custom paintjob, graphics or even a cool bumper sticker added, please show it.

I did find a few interesting ones as follows -

First off it seems the Burgman 250 was sold under Kawasaki as the Epsilon for a short time during the mid-late 2000s.

It looks good in orange, very youthful and even racy! I like the rear under panel painted black too. There are also some red and yellow Burgmans{various years and models} which look similarly bright and sporty.

Speaking of orange here is one with custom team colors. I am not personally into sports but this scheme looks good.

Here is a pink one with a trike kit.

Well anyway let's see what you have or can come up with.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
You won't find much bling here on this site , other than maybe luggage , GPS and tunes not a whole of bling around here . There are black Burgman groups in Detroit and Chicago who really get into the re-paints and bling in general . Asians in more developed countries like Japan also do a lot of custom stuff with scoots . You can start here and go from there on you-tube .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96X3FDv87o0
There are guys in Detroit who think nothing of dumping an extra 10K in a 650 Burg , ostrich seats , chrome wheels , earth quake stereo systems etc etc .

Asians same thing but with different taste .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not necessarily talking about a lot of "bling" but rather some simple graphics or even just a change of color. I personally don't care for the wild and crazy stuff from japan and I can image what the ghetto style stuff might look like. Fine if thats what they want but not my taste.

I am looking at buying my friend's 2006 Burgman 500 type S but it is blue. Not a bad color but my current ride is blue and to be honest I am tired of blue. So just looking around to see what other colors and schemes look good on a Burgman.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
The Burgman group from Detroit really makes some first class stuff. They don't waste time on much bling. Find them on Facebook. If you join the Burgman International group you will see their updates. First class work. I love seeing what they come up with.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I saw Dusters 400 a few weeks ago. He's got some nice pin striping and custom seat/backrest.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
The Burgman group from Detroit really makes some first class stuff. They don't waste time on much bling. Find them on Facebook. If you join the Burgman International group you will see their updates. First class work. I love seeing what they come up with.
Some do and some don't , that said it's a great place to get ideas . In the end it's a matter of taste .

TheReaper!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I have painted bits and pieces on mine but nothing to the extent of the above examples. I have painted the tranny cover, exhaust heat shield, exhaust pipe, tires, and lower body panels. Along with a custom full sheep skin seat cover. This is the only pic I have handy showing the lower panels and tranny cover.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I am curious as to how the black plastic pieces look up close once they are painted to match the rest of the bike. While not all the ideas are something I would try to put on mine, I do wonder how hard it was to get those things done. One they had with a speaker taking up the entire underseat storage. It was very cool, but not what i would do.

This is my bike. Did it over last summer. Thinking of doing something with the final drive cover.

http://youtu.be/ABfOVAo6AOw

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
This is my bike. Did it over last summer. Thinking of doing something with the final drive cover.

http://youtu.be/ABfOVAo6AOw
Very nice color! This is more what I am talking about, custom color other than factory. Thanks for sharing.

GSXR theme:
I have seen several Burgmans with GSXR styled graphics. This is obviously a full on racer.

This is a custom show bike that Suzuki made{from what I gather}.

Makes the Burgman into a racerboy!

Here is a flickriver set that shows a few colorful Burgmans as well as a lot of nice photos of them. Note: a few of the pictures are not Burgmans including the first one.
http://www.flickriver.com/groups/[email protected]/pool/interesting/

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
That is a wrap but has been replaced by Plasti-Dip paint last month.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is a wrap but has been replaced by Plasti-Dip paint last month.
Did you paint over the wrap or remove it first? How well is the plasti-dip sticking? Did you use an adhesion promoter before spraying the plasti-dip? I have used both the dip and spray plasti-dip products but only on metal and wood surfaces, not on plastic.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Saw this on ebay UK. It is a photochop done by some guy selling vinyl graphics. I kind of like the outline Suzuki S on the front. The checkers aren't bad either except they need to wrap around the rear.

·
Registered
315 Posts
In regards to the red Suzuki graphics on the white Burgman (above) can anyone point me in the direction of the person who makes/sells those decals? I have a white Burgman 650.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm making a bunch of mod's to my 650 in coming months, I'll post pix when finished. I returned to Australia from Detroit, MI, and had no luck even joining the Facebook page of the black Burgman group in Detroit. Doesn't matter too much at this distance. Crazy driving on the interstates around the motor City, plus bike riders with earthquake stereo systems.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I know this is an old thread but I started it so I have the right to revive it. Anyway I came across these two today from Japanese sites.

Not sure how you turn the front wheel, looks like it would hit. Akira inspired? Or just funky japanese? I love the orange color though.

Wild blue stripes. Looks like dazzle camouflage!

Ships in WW1 and 2 used a special camo sometimes that made it harder to determine correct range for the guns. They were wild and sometimes had bright colors usually blues, and gray tones. Radar made the technique useless.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts