Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a 400 cc scooter. I have been lurking around this site trying to gather as much information as possible before I decide. I am considering the Burgman and the Yamaha Majesty. I guess it may be the time of the year that I am looking, but none of my local dealers seem to have either in stock. I know the Majesty is new (and thus hard to find), but I would think that the 2004 Burgman would be available. I'm hesitant to have the dealer find me one from another dealer as I want to get the best price I can. How much should I expect to pay for a 2004 Burgman? I found a dealer in Los Angeles (I'm in North Carolina) on the web who listed an OTD price of $4999. I figure that's where I should be the price I negotiate up from. I was recently in Athens, GA (my hometown) and the local dealer there had a 2004 Burgman that something had fallen on in the showroom. It had two punctures in the seat and scratches in several places and they want $5500 OTD. Of course, they are the only dealer in town!!

I recently talked to a NC Yamaha dealer who said he could have me a Majesty in three days and quoted me an OTD cash price of $6092. The LA dealer mentioned above listed a $5800 OTD price. The problem is that I haven't been able to find one in any dealership and I won't buy until I have at least tried one out.

I guess you could say that I want one today, but I am not willing to pay a lot to get it today.

When is the best time to buy a scooter and can I reasonable expect to find a 2004 or 2005 Burgman for around $5000?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
GADawg wrote

When is the best time to buy a scooter and can I reasonable expect to find a 2004 or 2005 Burgman for around $5000?
Hang in there the best time is just around the corner, winter :!:
Cycle sales always drop in the winter (wonder why). And yes you should be able to fine a dealer with a 2004 ( which will soon be a leftover ) that want so deal. You can start by letting your fingers do the walking and then going to the dealers that tell you they have the 400 in stock.
I went the route your going now and found the Suzuki 400 a better machine at least on paper, and now that I own one and have put 12000 miles on it I have no doubt I made the right decision . :)

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
One other thing you might consider is a 'pre-loved' Burgman. There are a couple listed in the Classifieds forum and several listed on eBay. Might save yourself some money getting a used bike.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
GADawg, suggest you pull all the Suzy dealers within driving range from your home and start calling. Maybe one of them have one in stock.

If you are can get down to High Point on Wednesday morning early you can have you eyefull of 400's as there are 4 of us who meet for breakfast and a ride each week. Our latest "member'' did just that several weeks ago, rode my scoot, and had one within the week. If you have ridden bikes before, I'll let you ride mine.

If that doesn't work, email me off line if you want to get togather on a weekend.

I would think that if you are willing to pay 5K plus tax & tags they will deal.

·
Registered
231 Posts
There is one in stock here in Georgia at a dealer I visited today. Price quoted me was 5600 I think it was. It is an 04 blue Burgman 400. Location is Fayetteville Georgia. I know that is a little ways away but if you cant find one any where else it may be an option for ya.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
GADawg

I went to a dealer on the West side of Columbus yesterday and he had three 400's, all in blue. One used one with a Givi trunk and he had two 650's- Black that appeared to be brand new 2004's. They were busy and I didn't ask how much, but with multiple in stock, I am sure he is willing to deal! :D PM me if you want me to get further info.

Kelly

·
Registered
125 Posts
Burgman for sale

FYI - The Baltimore Sun listed a AN650 Scooter for sale today. 2003 for $5300 - no mileage. My wife through the paper away before I thought save it and post the number. Anyone interested, I will research the number and forward it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Randy said:
You can start by letting your fingers do the walking and then going to the dealers that tell you they have the 400 in stock.
Did that. I called or visited every dealer within 40 miles of Durham, NC. My problem is that with weekly trips to Georgia for UGA football games I'm having problems finding time to visit new dealers. I'm not in a terrible rush, but if I could find one at the right price I'd buy today. I have set a presonal goal to find a 400cc scooter by the beginning of 2005. I'm sure there will be some 2005 models in by then.

GO DAWGS!!! BEAT TENNESSEE!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts