Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 650 out on errands today, and one was to visit the local MC shop, which happens to sell Yamahas. I went in the store to look at intercom systems, helmets, and jackets. They were pretty busy so I just looked around to see what all they had. After about 20 minutes, a salesman came up to me. He asked me "Is that your Suzuki outside?". I said I'd been looking at the Yamaha Majesty here but had bought the Suzuki elsewhere because I wanted more power than it offered. Did he mind that I shopped for accessories here?

"No, I don't mind that you shop here, but could you park your bike around on the side?"

"Why?", I asked.

"We've had three customers already ask about buying a scooter like yours here. It's just a little embarassing." :oops:

I was happy to move the 650 around to the side, and when I came back in he offered me 15% off anything I wanted to buy today. :D

Dave B.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I'd suggested they need to look at becoming a Suzuki dealer too. :lol:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
That's hilarious Dave! :lol: I would have loved to see there faces when prospective bike buyers asked to purchase something that they didnt sell.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
That IS a good thing! Didja take advantage of the discount!?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pete said:
That IS a good thing! Didja take advantage of the discount!?
The only thing I really was interest in was an intercom/radio/music system, and he didn't have any in stock. He did say I could order from a catalog if I knew what I wanted, and I was welcome to come back anytime to do so.

I also noticed he has several more Majestys than he did when I was there a month ago. They're all on the "front row" of his sales floor. I think the high gas price has gotten alot more people thinking about motorcycles as a high mpg option, and he realizes novices will prefer a scooter when they see the advantages over regular bikes. So he's gotten more in to have available. I did see the original one I'd test ridden around town. So he sold it. I expect to see quite a few more Yamaha scooters before summer is over.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Dave,

I have the AUTOCOM system on the Burgman and it works great. I wrote about it on this forum under the Official reviews for aftermarket products.

Janine :)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Dave
Thanks for sharing that with us - too funny. :)

Mind you - I bet a few Suzuki deals could be similarly embarrased. :oops:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JKerstinJ said:
Dave,
I have the AUTOCOM system on the Burgman and it works great. I wrote about it on this forum under the Official reviews for aftermarket products.
Janine :)
Thanks for that tip, Janine. Could you tell me which specific kit you got? Did you install it or did a dealer install it? How hard was it to mount mic and speakers into helmet?

This curious mind wants to know! Thanks.

Dave B.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Dave,

I have the AUTOCOM Pro 7. It was very easy to install. It fits perfectly where the tool kit goes under the seat. I just have the tool kit loose in the under seat trunk now. I use a 9V battery to power the unit and velcro to hold it in place, one piece on the unit the other in the space under the seat. The wires to my helmet, iPod and radio come out under the front of the seat (no alterations to seat). It took about 10 minutes to install the speakers and mic. I did order a set of speaker spaces because my helmet had a gap between the shell and my ears and the speakers should fit close to your ears. My husband's helmet didn't need the spacers. We will hook the unit to the battery of the bike soon but we need to get the right connector from AUTOCOM. The 9V lasts about two full days of riding with constant music playing through the unit.

Janine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts