Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm going to buy a Burgman AN400 this summer (maybe). I looked for some Reviews, but I didn't found any which were useful. Can anyone tell me, where some good reviews for the Burger are? Thank you very much.

T.C.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
T.C., suggest you go to the 400 group below and read the two pages worth of input from various riders. That will give you a better review than any mag article. Then, if you have specific questions, I'm sure the group will gladly address these for you.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I had been thinking about changing to a 650 , I has since changed my mine. The 400 does all I ask of it.
And with close to 4,000 miles on it now it's running fine. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Yesterday I rode a bike, the Suzuki GS 500. It was funny, but as soon as I went in the town, it was terrible with shifting. In Addition I got ache in my wrists. Now my decision: I'm going to buy a Burgman this summer :D

Best

T.C.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
T.C. said:
Hi

Yesterday I rode a bike, the Suzuki GS 500. It was funny, but as soon as I went in the town, it was terrible with shifting. In Addition I got ache in my wrists. Now my decision: I'm going to buy a Burgman this summer :D

Best

T.C.
Hurry up - you are missing out - day after day after ...............

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Norman, you must be flogging that 400 pretty hard to only be getting 52 mpg. Do you think the Malossi kit has an effect on the milage?

I'm averaging about 60mpg and thats with about half the time' perhaps a bit less, running 70+ mph on the interstate. And we think $2 usd per gal is high! If I had to pay $5+, I might be riding a moped!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Ted

I suppose I ride it pretty hard. Traffic density in Europe is high, in UK it is dire and in the South East of the UK pretty unbearable. Hence one of the main reasons to shift to 2 wheels. But I ride it hard largely to stay out of trouble if that makes any kind of sense. Most of my journeys are motorway(interstate) type or dual lane roads and if you 'pootle' at the national speed limit (70) in the nearside you are mixing with those entering or even worse those swooping in to make an exit and of course the big trucks! So I wind her up and tend to sit at an indicated 80-85 (which is probably 75-80) except when I need to get past something and then I make transitory accelerations above that.

I do not think that the Malossi increases fuel consumption per se, but if you are trigger happy I guess it does. :wink:

My best is 68 miles to Imp Gallon, my worst is 56 (I must have really been caning it) :cry:

Oh, I do have a Givi screen and I guess that must take 1 or 2 mpg off too.

Regards
NormanB

PS: I also have a carburettor model, I am not sure if FI is a tadge more efficient.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Paul, I'll be able to tell you shortly what mine is getting since I put a Givi on last thursday, and fillied it up yesterday. Not at all sure I can live with the Givi; it sure does a good job out on the interstate, but in town, in the 92F temp we had yesterday, it was really hot behind that screen. Also its just too tall to suit me. So my options are to learn to live with it, cut it down some and add some vents, or trade it with someone for an OEM since I have buggered my OEM up already by adding a piece to the top of it with small bolts. I guess I could get use to the 5 bolt holes. :lol:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Ted,

That would be great. I know what the Clearview XXL did to fuel mileage (and performance) on my 650, but that is the extreme case - the largest available windscreen. It would be interesting to know what the in-between size shields do to fuel mileage, on both the 650 and 400.

Sometimes comfort is the overriding concern, but at least folks can be aware that the cost of comfort doesn't necessarily end with the purchase price of a windscreen. And I'd expect that some of these windscreens impose less of a mpg penalty than others. I also think that if you do a lot of riding at over 55 mph, as I do, the mileage penalty becomes more severe. (At 30 mph I doubt that the wind drag is nearly as significant as it is at 65 mph.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts