Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Germany !

I was reading some of your messages here, and I was a little bit surpised.
Why ?
Okay, let me just ask you something.
Do you have a choice between two different AN650 when you want to buy one ?
Here in Germany we can buy a new Burgman AN 650 Executive (K 4).
It has an new anti-skid system,

is also available in black and: it has electrically hinged mirrors !!! :roll:

It also has an new muffler in chrom-look:

There are a few more details and I can show it here, if you want to.
I don´t know, if the american Burgman has got these features.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Consider yourself fortunate. We don't have the Executive option here in North America yet! It is new for 2004 but only in Europe and Asia. You folks also had the 400 for several years before they brought them to North America. You also had the 650 one full year before us as well. I'm thinking they may offer us the Executive option next year.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Scooters here in the U.S. do not have the appeal that they carry in Europe, perhaps because of what used to be a lack of power, and also "I think" is because America is still very preoccupied with the "appeal' of large cc, Harley Style or Touring bikes to go large distances or large freeway roads. For younger people, the high speed/high power/high style Sportbikes are the most appealing. As a result, the scooter market has never really caught-on in the U.S. This is just my humble observation.

I feel this is going to radically change with the introduction of the larger cc and well designed new "scooters" like the Aprilia Atlantic, the Honda Silver Wing, the Burgman 400, and especially now the Burgman 650 with the great power, comfort and convenience it delivers.

Perhaps in the years to come, the North American market will be carrying almost the same production line that is available to Europe and Asia, as the popularity of these "new" Scooters/Hybrids proliferate. As far as I'm concerned we're the ones with the biggest smiles on our faces on two wheels :D .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts