Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me what type of alarm if any can be installed on the Burgman? I know, I live in NY and crime is supposed to be down...but, better safe than sorry. I kind of want to enjoy my Burgman till I'm ready to move on, not when someone decides they want to take it from me. I am interested in an alarm that has some kind of remote shut off so if someone does try to take the bike from me I can send some kind of signal for it to shut off at a safe distance. Any help would be greatly appreciated, also I am interested in the leather hump cover made for the 650, is there anyone who has designed one for the 400? Thanks...Harry

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
harrytorres wrote
Can anybody tell me what type of alarm if any can be installed on the Burgman? I know, I live in NY and crime is supposed to be down...but, better safe than sorry
Take a bucket of water out of the ocean and you can say the ocean is down also. :)
Any alarm made for any bike can be install on your burgman. If your good at that sort of work, do a search on the net "Motorcycle alarms" should get you plenty , if you are not a do-it-your-self-er then check your local bike store- Not sure about the hump bag, but I think someone here is selling good ones, try a search here on burgman.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Are alarms effective at preventing motor cycle theft?

Most people over here just ignore them as they seem to go off if a butterly flaps its wings in South America.

The determined and organised thief will have your bike away - no matter what you do.

Visual deterrence measures, the standard key lock thingamig and maybe an immobiliser probably most effective together with secure under cover garaging.

There is a service where you can track your mobile phone for a fee (small) - I need to research that because it may be worth locking a cheap phone in the trunk. I will post back later if I turn that up. :)

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I don't know if anyone here saw the segment on the Speed channel last night about motorcycle theft. A professional thief talked about how easy it is to steal a bike, regardless of the lock used. He said that bikes most targeted to steal are sport bikes. His advice: keep your bike in your garage. Breaking into a home to steal a bike isn't worth it.

When out and about, anything that will discourage joy riders should work. Bottom line: if a pro wants your bike, it is gone!

Madonna

·
Registered
428 Posts
NormanB said:
There is a service where you can track your mobile phone for a fee (small) - I need to research that because it may be worth locking a cheap phone in the trunk. I will post back later if I turn that up. :)
Sweetheart has that tracking service for my oldest. She is a handful, just like I was, and I love her DEARLY.

Edit: Sorry for the off topic post.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Alarms, in my opinion, are there to keep honest people honest. They won't stop some asshat hell bent on jacking your ride from jacking it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts