Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday(1/8/05) it was so hot (14°C-59F) for this time of the year in CZ, so I decided to take my new scooter (not bike) :)) of for a ride.

As it has only around 500 km (300 miles) so far I have to be easy on her.
To keep her up to 4000revs its difficult, but I am trying to do my best.:)

I was not the only one who had this idea, so there were many many bikes out for a winter ride.
I stopped to get gas and a bunch of 10 bikes stopped close to me. They looked on me and asked about the scoot.

Of course the first question was: How fast it could go? I said I dont know I never try. Where is engine?? :) Its in there I told them, dont worry.

As we were talking, my wife came from the shop with two shopping bags. I just poped up the seat and it easily swallowed the two bags.

I started the scoot (hit the powerbutton :roll: ) and flyed out of there.

I thing that the bikers are still standing there with their mouths opened. :D :D

Cheers

Slepejs
PS: with the shoping bags we did more than 150km that day.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hey Slepjis

Great story and you are a cool guy and a true Burgerman. :)

BTW - I think it is good for the bedding in process (rings) if you take it above 4000 rpm for brief periods - particularly when 'real bikers' are watching! :twisted:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hello Slepejs,

You will have to get used to people standing with their mouths open...it's a common response. You will also have to get used to your facial muscles hurting...you will be smiling so much.

Enjoy the ride!

Bruce

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are right Norman. I did few times go above 4000rpm, but dont tell anyone. :wink:

I love to show them what she can do from the stoplights. Those unprepared bikers cant catch you for a while. When they do you are already on the next lights.

A question: Where have you been, so long? Makes me happy :lol: :lol:

When the green comes again I am sure that the biker is prepared. :D :D

We rode with a group of bikes ( me, wife, 2shopping bags) and the max speed was 150km (93.7miles), then I backed off, cause the rpm, but cruising at 75 miles/h is fine.

Burgman received an appreciation from the group.

Of course when we stopped for a break, they wanted to have ride. It was funny to look at them when they got the scoot moving and tried to put their legs behind themselves. :lol: looking for the shift pedal.

cheers

Slepejs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts