Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have speakers installed on their Burgman 650? This is an option I would like to have on long rides. Currently I have a HMDX speaker that has a suction cup that is bluetooth but the charge only last two hours and they it dies. I don't want to put any bluetooth speakers in my ears as you never know if a emergency unit is behind you or coming from the side and you will not be able to hear it if you have speakers in your ears.

There isn't many places to put a speaker or two except maybe in the lock box under the ignition switch. That area has some room. Just think that would be a great option to have and was wondering if anyone has put them on their bikes before.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This looks complicated will need a local company to put the n the speakers not really sure if the costs is worth the reward. I have a Bose speaker will see if I can hook that up on my bike maybe on the back seat by the trunk.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This looks complicated will need a local company to put the n the speakers not really sure if the costs is worth the reward. I have a Bose speaker will see if I can hook that up on my bike maybe on the back seat by the trunk.
I had a 1981 BMW R100RT it had a professionally installed sound system by CycleSound, Clarion AM-FM cassette, small amp, and 130.00 speakers. It wasn't worth much past 55 mph. Quite frankly in city traffic it was too loud when you pulled up next to other vehicles. And it was a pain to change stations when traveling outside of your presets.
2009, I bought my first Bluetooth helmet, to me it was somewhat too cool. All my music on my phone, speakers attached to helmet, at your ears, not in them. Later google maps when deployed interrupts to give you verbal instructions, then back to music. Microphone to make and receive calls. The whole package on your head, speakers next to your ears where you will hear stereo music and the occasional siren is still heard and lights seen, without the effect of the ever present wind noise competing with your sound to your ears. No homemade wiring all over the place and no components crammed as space requires. No electrical troubles because of It. You control the volume and song with controls using left hand on control. Please tell me you wear a helmet?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a 1981 BMW R100RT it had a professionally installed sound system by CycleSound, Clarion AM-FM cassette, small amp, and 130.00 speakers. It wasn't worth much past 55 mph. Quite frankly in city traffic it was too loud when you pulled up next to other vehicles. And it was a pain to change stations when traveling outside of your presets.
2009, I bought my first Bluetooth helmet, to me it was somewhat too cool. All my music on my phone, speakers attached to helmet, at your ears, not in them. Later google maps when deployed interrupts to give you verbal instructions, then back to music. Microphone to make and receive calls. The whole package on your head, speakers next to your ears where you will hear stereo music and the occasional siren is still heard and lights seen, without the effect of the ever present wind noise competing with your sound to your ears. No homemade wiring all over the place and no components crammed as space requires. No electrical troubles because of It. You control the volume and song with controls using left hand on control. Please tell me you wear a helmet?

Yes I always wear a helmet. So the Burgman 650 has a oversized seat wide on the back as well hand I have back hand rails. So I just went out to the garage and have some bungee straps hooked them to my hand rails put my portable Bose speaker on my seat. Put a tight harness on my speaker then ran the bungee cord through my speaker and attach it to the handrails. Nice and tight isn't going to move. That speaker has three hours of play time on one charge and is loud. Going to try that and see how it goes and it is Bluetooth as well. Will ride this weekend give it a go and she what she sounds like in the back. I also have a less expensive Bluetooth speaker that will work as well. That one has a six hour charge.

I just don't want to spend a grand or more on speakers for my bike and find out that it was a poor investment. Rather try Bluetooth maybe get a helmet with Bluetooth give that a try. I hate riding and having music in my ear because I want to hear if a cop or a firetruck Comes up on me I can heard the siren.

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
Been riding with ear buds for years. The volume is low and with them in my ears its the same as noise ear plugs. I could hear traffic fine and any sirens too. Never cranked the music up loud. I used a Autovox HD radio and standard ear buds. lasted for 6 years.

Then I updated to a SENA Bluetooth in helmet system. I will never use exterior speakers again. Don't noise pollute the neighborhood as I ride.

• I now use standard noise ear plugs and with the speakers 1/2 inch from my ears I do not need to crank it up too loud to hear the music and I can still hear traffic and sirens just fine.
  • Sync with most brands so I have an Intercom with other riders that we 'PARE' with and its like we are sitting in the same helmet.
  • If I want to change FM radio stations, its just 1 finger on the back side switch with my left hand. It auto sync's with my phone so I can play my Kraftwerk 'Autobahn' as I cruse down the road.
  • When someone calls me I get a ring in my speakers and all I have to do is say loudly HELLO twice and it auto connects.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The stereo I did was only about $50 and it connects to the Bluetooth on my phone. I can play all my music from my phone.if you put the speaker behind you you may not be able to hear as well as putting it in front of you. I had thought about just doing a Bluetooth speaker as well but decided against it because as your moving you won’t hear it as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never had a helmet with bluetooth inside. My nephew just bought one a year or so ago and he likes it. I may be able to put bluetooth in the one I have never really paid much attention to it but there is room inside. Need to check it out. I guess a good unit would be about $150. Don't really want to answer my phone or talk to anyone just want to listen to music on long rides.

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
There are some low cost units out there that are basic units without all the bells and whistles.
A couple members got them off Ebay.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Hey Dave_J

Wrap your head in this....It ain’t Chet

·
Registered
22 Posts
I never had a helmet with bluetooth inside. My nephew just bought one a year or so ago and he likes it. I may be able to put bluetooth in the one I have never really paid much attention to it but there is room inside. Need to check it out. I guess a good unit would be about $150. Don't really want to answer my phone or talk to anyone just want to listen to music on long rides.
Last year bought a new helmet and a bluetooth kit. While what I bought lasts 4-5 hours or so. My original bluetooth helmet was built in and had a rather large ( Like cell phone battery) that would last 3 times as long or so. Check hours of use and standby of both. Guessing the more hours the better for you?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought a VTIN 12 watt speaker from Amazon last week that has a SD cart slot in it. Can play up to 10 hours but more like six depending on the volume setting. So today I road round 200 miles over to Indian from Ohio then to Rabbit Hash back to Cincinnati on country roads it was a great ride. I had the speaker up pretty high and it was great. Have about 50 songs on the SD card and the battery held up great, loud enough to hear on the bike and the quality of the speaker is outstanding. i only play $13 bucks for the thing with a coupon from Amazon. Very impressive for such a small speaker.

I mounted it over the dash by the windshield on the flat surface using velcro. Man i hit some hard bumps on the ride but it never moved at all very secure.

Going to a flat track race in Lima Ohio at the end of the month riding up there looking forward to it and will take the speaker up there as well. Waterproof as well so i have the speaker issue addressed now waiting for my fiberglass fenders to arrive for my trike. Tossed the steal ones away they cracked twice from what I was told by several trike riders fiberglass is the way to go with rubber washers.

Also need to order a gas cap cover as the one I had fell off two weeks ago on a ride. I still have the cover and it is fixed guess all I ready need is the spring. From what I have seen this has been a issue for Burgman riders in the past as well.

I'm so impressed with the Burgman 650 as far as power on long hills and the durability of the bike. It is fast as my nephew has a 1000 CC bike and I can keep up with him although on a trike I need to be careful in corners and curves.

·
Registered
657 Posts
The original owner of my 2012 650 mounted this stuff on it. The folding feature of the mirrors had to be disabled, obviously.

I don't use the system very much. You have to crank it up pretty loud to hear it at speed, especially because the handlebars block the speakers, and then it starts to distort. That's why I rely on Plugfones, instead. The only time I do use the system is when I'm tooling around the city and my pillion wants to hear music, too. The head didn't include BlueTooth so I bought one of these things, put it in the glovebox and wired it up to the auxiliary input so I can listen to whatever's in my phone or available online. (My favorite is JAZZ24.)

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Now I know why I resonate with you dogboy ........👍 Jazz24
There used to be a radio station from Xavier University that had some killer jazz and another from Kettering, Ohio ....that I had to drive to high ground just to tune into .

Reactions: dogboy

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
That’s what I want for mine :

Reactions: InfernoST
1 - 17 of 17 Posts