Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Burgman 650's windshield is just too short by about two inches. . My dealer is also a friend who rides suzukis, but since he is the official salesperson, he is careful how he recomends changing it's profile "for handling design reasons".

He did mention a brand of larger windshield, GIVI, but I keep seeing this item you all are calling Clear something XXL or like that. What are you all talking about??

Any recomendations on which windshild will work best? Thanks for the help!

Scootr Grrrl :glasses10:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Several members have the Givi and are happy with it. But those that have tried both tend to prefer the Clearview. Givi only offer one size of shield (you can cut it yourself) where Clearview offers multiple sizes. You can also get a Clearview with a vent pre-installed. They don't show the Burgman shield on their site, but you can call and get information on it.

http://www.clearviewshields.com

If you'll use the search feature at the top of the page and search for Clearview, you'll find a ton of information.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
windshields

Thanks Bill, I just put that connection on the desktop so I will remember to visit.

Since I have your attention, Is it possible to get satellite on the scooter? For years I rode with a small tape player that layed up on the cowling of the headlight under my batwing fairing. I would like to upgrade to XM. Can a person get a personal radio?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
GIVI windscreen

Hi Scootergirl

I put a GIVI wind screen on my 650 Burgman and I am happy with it. It is a touch on the hi side, but I am going to put a sheep skin and foam pad on the drivers part of the seat to rase me up an inch or an inch and a half.That will put me in a more comfortable seating position and let me see over the top of the wind screen.

If you cut the top of this screen it will take off some of the curve that sends the wind over your head. This probably is not a good thing.

Good luck. --- Vince

1 - 6 of 6 Posts