Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local bank recently sponsored a document shredding event at an area junior college. I took advantage of this opportunity because I needed to destroy several bags of bank statements, cancelled checks, etc. Instead of using my car, I decided to place the material in the trunk of my Burgman 650 Executive. To accommodate the load, I removed my tool kit, helmet, GPS case, and other stuff. This permitted me to place four large bags of documents under the seat. Although this material exceeded the compartment's approved weight limit, I decided to take the risk because I was only traveling about 10 miles to the college.

When I got there, I discovered a line of cars stretching at least a mile. Nonetheless, I pulled behind the last car in line and inched toward the shredder machines. Many county police were on hand to control traffic. A half dozen officers stopped me along the way, each advising that I was in the wrong line because "this line is for document shredding." I politely told them that I indeed had a large number of documents to shred."

Next, I encountered several people hired by the bank that also told me that I was in the wrong line. I told these folks the same thing that I had said to the police. As I neared the shredders, one more person told me that "I must be in the wrong line because this line is for people wanting to shred documents." As I had done countless time before, I explained once more that I was carrying material to be shredded. The woman looked surprised and said that she had worked at similar events during the past four years and I was the first person who ever arrived on a motorcycle.

It was finally my turn to surrender my documents. I popped the seat and handed four heavy bags of documents to a very surprised attendant. I think I carried twice as many documents to this event as most cars carried. At the same time, I used far less gasoline than the smallest car.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Yea I get those looks when rolling a shopping cart out to my 650. They have that :???: "were is he going to put all of that" look on their face.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Yea I get those looks when rolling a shopping cart out to my 650. They have that :???: "were is he going to put all of that" look on their face.
I get the same reaction at my grocery store. I was able to carry more groceries when I had my 08 400 though.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I get the same reaction at my grocery store. I was able to carry more groceries when I had my 08 400 though.
Agree .........Same with my 07 400. There have been a couple of times I wish I had my 400 as I'm thinking oh no it wouldn't all fit. :confused:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Agreed, I go shopping with my jacket & modular helmet on pushing a full cart and people have this look on their face, like "what the heck". Little do they know the Burgman's capacity, especially on the 400.

With my scooter group in winter, I quite often bring thermeses of hot chocolate, coffee, tea, cider, ect. Complete with whip cream, sprinkles, cups and all the fixings in addition to my normal stuff like medical kit, fix-a-flat, handwarmers, and such.

A friend once offered me a free set of Givi saddle bags. Turned him down. Said I never needed more than what's under the seat.

Love these bikes!

·
Registered
426 Posts

+1 more... I get very interested looks at the local METRO hypermarket. A few locals crowd around watching me carefully place items in under the seat and then the topbox or any combination thereof. I'm pretty proud of my ability to pack as much as I do onto the 650. It'd be real interesting then to have a go at doing the same on the 400 by the sounds of it...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
So the 400 holds more than the 650? I just love rolling up to costco on the 400 and coming out and I've got people intently watching me put everything into the seat like a puzzle.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
So the 400 holds more than the 650? I just love rolling up to costco on the 400 and coming out and I've got people intently watching me put everything into the seat like a puzzle.
Yes, about 10 more liters depending on the year. Although its a bit more awkwardly designed (theres a big hump in the middle).

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Now that you have a 650 as well, with its higher-capacity electrical system, you can mount a Keurig coffee machine in there. All you need is a good 12VDC-120VAC inverter!

(Ok, not really. You'd probably need a fair-sized auxiliary battery too. But imagine -- being the only scooterist ever with a bike that has a "Make Coffee" button!)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Now that you have a 650 as well, with its higher-capacity electrical system, you can mount a Keurig coffee machine in there. All you need is a good 12VDC-120VAC inverter!

(Ok, not really. You'd probably need a fair-sized auxiliary battery too. But imagine -- being the only scooterist ever with a bike that has a "Make Coffee" button!)
I did add a top box to the bike, a Keurig would fit perfect in there... And I wouldn't have to deal with all the hot chocolate thermoses on our group rides in winter. Hmmm, let me think about that... Lol.:coffee2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts