Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case you are considering ordering a new AN650 service manual, apparently the price went up quite a bit. I ordered one two weeks ago from Ron Ayers for under $30 and got a call today from them saying the price went up to $59. What is that all about? I see that Oneida Suzuki has them now for $49.99. Has there been some considerable additions to the manual?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
That's interesting , I wonder if it has anything to do with what year manual you may need
-or are they all the same :?:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
The manuals usually don't change much. They usually just add a small section to the back of the manual showing any differences for each new model year. This will go on until a major revision of the model (which hasn't happened with the Burgmans yet). I also doubt that their printing costs doubled. I do think that there has been more of a demand for these manuals than they anticipated. High demand vs a possible short supply could have triggered the increase.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just ordered a service manual from House of Power in Melbourne Fla for $59.00

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
The latest price from Onieda Suzuki is $74.95, "On Sale"! Wow! They're getting prouder and prouder of these manuals.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My local dealer wants $89.95 for a manual.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ditto on that $89.95... For an '05.. bout fell off my seat when the stealer gave me that price...

Glad there is lots of info available here...

Val

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
I ordered mine last year -- 04/05/2007 -- from Oneida Suzuki, and it was $69.99 + $5.60 NY tax + $11.51 shipping. Go figure.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Even at $100 it's not a bad investment. The first time you use it to do your own service you'll recover the cost and probably more.
I dont think anyone gives away factory service manuals. Heck, you should price boat manuals. To purchase the required shop manuals would cost
considerably more than the Burgman manual. I'd need to buy one manual for the engine, and one for the drive.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Well, I just popped a little over $8.50 total on eBay for a 2003-2006 Burgman Service / Repair manual on a CD. It's supposed to be the real article. I'll post when I get it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have one of those in my possession, it's just a cheapo scan of the manual, mediocre quality at best. While the words are legible, the pictures are useless. Looking around the web I found the same one for download at a foreign website. I've got the real one on order.....

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I just received my new official 2007 Burgman 650 owner's manual. It is the same as all the previous years. The manual is the manual for the 2003 with an addendum for each subsequent year. For 2007 the addendum is 59 pages plus a wiring diagram.

I paid about $60 for it from a legit source. I'm not into violating copyrights just to save a few dollars.

·
Registered
165 Posts
KarlS said:
My local dealer wants $89.95 for a manual.
MY local dealer told me $130.00 (Canadian) for the manual. That's why I ordered mine from repairmanual.com. I got the service manual and the owner's manual (original owner lost the manual for the bike) for around $100.00 with shipping, exchange rate, customs charges, ...

Eric

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Sammy63 said:
Well, I just popped a little over $8.50 total on eBay for a 2003-2006 Burgman Service / Repair manual on a CD. It's supposed to be the real article. I'll post when I get it.

Don't post any reference to this manual- it'll get quickly deleted by the moderator or owner, and for good reason.

Those Ebay CD's are illegal scans of the legitimate service manual, and infringe on the copyright.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Nothing beats having the paper manual sitting on the work bench. You can make notations in it to yourself, flip back and forth to the different sections that are referenced when you need to etc. Can't do that with a cheap copy on CD and the pictures and diagrams are much clearer. All in all the expense is returned the first time you do you own maint., instead of paying someone $70+/hr. for that work.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just paid my dealer 64.95 for the one with the 2008 adendum.
He said reg. price was 89.95.
But have made up the cost in just the three times I've used it.
Well worth it to me. YMMV.
LongRider

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sammy63 said:
If you keep and use this .... you are no better than any other common thief.

·
Registered
454 Posts
just went to repairmanual.com and they don't have the 2008 manuals for the 650
not knowing the changes, do i get the one for the 07 ? or is there somewhere else i can get
a 08 manual for the exec ?

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Do NOT buy the manual that doesn't have the supplement for your year. You can not buy it later. I don't have a solution for you, but it appears that I am stuck with an 06 manual for my 07 because it wasn't available when I needed it.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
gdawg said:
they don't have the 2008 manuals for the 650 .. do i get the one for the 07 ? or is there somewhere else i can get
a 08 manual for the exec ?
gdwag,

Stop by a Suzuki dealership and talk to the service manager to see if they have received their 08 mainenance/service manuals. They can quickly compare it to the previous year and tell you if there are any changes or upgrades/addendums etc...

You can also call Suzuki in CA to ask them if the service manual has been updated for the 08 model.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts