Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,166 Posts
I have a 09 Burgman AN650A I have just purchased a set of Givi EA101B View attachment 99992
Saddlebags and i am looking for a set of Saddlebag Support Bar called my local
suzuki dealership with no help can anyone help with my search will be much appreciate it
I'm not sure why you want any brackets.

Here are a couple of pics from a trip to Gaspe (Canada, from Albany, NY) I took in 2010, on my '07 Exec (with aftermarket exhaust), with similar bags:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

In this case, the cross-over straps were underneath the seat, so my wife, who was riding pillion, wouldn't have to sit on them. I don't see why you can't just place the cross straps that are part of your Givi system on top of the seat. And maybe add some ROK Straps or equivalent through the D-rings, to make sure that the bags stay put, and especially to ensure that the right-side bag doesn't drift down on top of the muffler.

In any case, we didn't add any brackets, support bars, whatever you want to call them -- nothing else.

Comments?

Reactions: JOHNY 650

·
Premium Member
15,166 Posts
i would like to add the Saddlebag Support Bar Bracket so they will not scratch the sides of the scooter
Well, you have to please yourself, certainly (as Ricky Nelson sang). I can't argue with that.

FWIW, however:
  • I didn't get any scratches -- at least that I was aware of -- using the method in my pics above.
  • Another option that might satisfy your requirements could be adding some film to the bike, such as:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts