Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Yeah, sounds like a bearing probably in the CVT but possibly the transmission. Only way to find out which is to tear it down.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Sounded like it was something occurring at wheel speed. The CVT output (clutch) spins 6.21572 times faster than the rear wheel so this sounds too slow to be the CVT to me. Maybe you can use a piece of hose held up to your ear to isolate the sound more accurately.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Yes it's always a good idea to find out exactly where a noise is coming from before tearing into stuff to fix it. A stethoscope is a good tool to have in your tool box. But if you don't have one a rubber hose, a length of dowel rod or even a long screw driver will work. Put one end up to your ear and the other to various places on the drive train and find where the noise is the loudest.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
farqhued ? :confused:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Your dad been drag racing Harley's again on my old 2005??? :D

I'd take it over to Elliot and have him put it up on the bench and see if can identify

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your dad been drag racing Harley's again on my old 2005??? :D

I'd take it over to Elliot and have him put it up on the bench and see if can identify
Haha, probably. Been making this noise for quite awhile just never really this bad. I remember you saying it used to do it while you owned it? & mind pming me his info?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Yes it's always a good idea to find out exactly where a noise is coming from before tearing into stuff to fix it. A stethoscope is a good tool to have in your tool box. But if you don't have one a rubber hose, a length of dowel rod or even a long screw driver will work. Put one end up to your ear and the other to various places on the drive train and find where the noise is the loudest.

I'm going to have to try the stethoscope , I always used a piece of steel pipe and that worked pretty well in most instances .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I'm going to have to try the stethoscope , I always used a piece of steel pipe and that worked pretty well in most instances.
Input bearing area below.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I'm going to have to try the stethoscope , I always used a piece of steel pipe and that worked pretty well in most instances .

TheReaper!
That's what Harbor Freight is good for. I looked for a link but they must just have them in the store. I know they sell them, I bought mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts