Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I have had oil usage on every 650 I owned. I normally run 70mph on the freeway. I have noticed the usage to be regardless of high-speed freeway or in town. In town usage was considerably less. On my 2500 mile trek earlier this year on my 07 with 34,000 miles, I used about a quart. I did pull a trailer and it was weighed down pretty heavy. I also kept up with traffic. I tried not to speed but that did not work out so well.
My new 08 has had a little usage. During the first 3000 miles I had to add about 1/2 quart. I am currently using a synthetic oil from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
A quart of oil in 2500 to 3000 miles would probably not show up on the plugs or exhaust. It just isn't that much.
The funny part about this statement is that this past January, we did a complete service on my previous 650. We changed the anti-freeze and the plugs. I had used a bit of oil since I pulled the trailer for a majority of the 15,000 miles I put on it. The plugs needed to be cleaned but still appeared in good condition. I thought they would have been fouled by 33k miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.