Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Cheers Don - good find.

Well I especially liked this paragraph:

It's 215kg dry so is on the porky side of heavy but worse is its crush-hour, car door-scraping 765mm width. Nope, open-road performance and comfort are what this überscooter is all about.
....... must be South African for 'Lardy.................... :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
320 Posts
<<must be South African for 'Lardy..>>

Score a point for NormanB again! :D You rule, Norman! 8)

Toasting your honor,
:eek:ccasion5:
Bryna

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I hadn't seen that report before. Pretty good article - not laced with inaccuracies like some I have read. It would appear that the writer actually spent some time putting the 650 through its paces.

Some of the terminology is amusing (at least to one who is used to American english) - like the "hooter" on the left handlebar pod...

And yes, the way he started out, I feared NormanB had penned the article. I was bracing for that Lardy A... phrase. :roll: But he did go on to note some of the virtues of this "unscooterly scooter".

Thanks for sharing the link with us.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
DonRich90 said:
I happened to find this article while playing around on Google: http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?fSe ... eId=232621 :D
Don
That article and one from Motorcycle Consumer News were instrumental in my getting the Burgman.

I had owned two Honda scooters previously, and was looking at getting a Silverwing, when these were shown to me. So I arranged a test ride on both, and was sold on the Big Burgman.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts