Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I've got a 2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive and I have a problem with it.
Basically, when I start the bike and turn the throttle, it won't go. The RPM can go up to 10.000 but the bike won't go as fast as it should. On the central stand, while I give it 4000 rpm, it only reaches 20-25 km/h. Also, the wheel starts spinning only after couple of seconds, like it has a delayed reaction comparing to the rpm.
The engine itself is fine and sounds good too.
It is stuck on the first gear and when I try to shift into second, the number 1 starts flashing for 3 seconds. Then it stops and nothing happens.
I saw some posts about it saying that the kickstand sensor may be dirty and I have to clean it. My kickstand sensor is all clean.
I checked the service codes and it says: _C00
I really don't know what should I do with this bike. Everythong seems to work well, except the gearbox. It's like the power isn't transferred to the wheel in some way. It gives me too less power comparing to the rpm I give. The wheel hardly reacts to the throttle, but the engine itself is good!

I'll be thankful for any kind of advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Centre stand switch stuck. Put it on the sidestand find the switch and unstick the plunger clean and lubricate it
It kind of helped but for a small amount of time. After 5 minutes it went back to not receiving any power.

I made the throttle go 8000 rpm and still nothing, even after cleaning the sensor. Does the lubricant help with heat from the exhaust? I'm asking because I didn't lubricate it.

·
Premium Member
17,485 Posts
there is a procedure on here for a clutch slipping test, suggest you try that and let us know the results, Have to ask, has any maintenance been done recently, like oil changes, washing it, tire changes, anything at all just prior to it starting this? ANd , do you have any refreshing beverages you need he;p with ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is a procedure on here for a clutch slipping test, suggest you try that and let us know the results, Have to ask, has any maintenance been done recently, like oil changes, washing it, tire changes, anything at all just prior to it starting this? ANd , do you have any refreshing beverages you need he;p with ?
It's kinda long story here. So basically I bought this bike broken from France. The shock absorbers were curved so I changed them. Also, the cooler had many many holes and leaks so I changed the cooler to a older version one, from like suzuki burgman 650 2009. Then I had to play with the electronics and bit to change the coolant sensor. So yeah, that is the whole story.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Did I not read somewhere that you may not ref the bike up when the rear wheel is in the air?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts