Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, I would like to know the typical cost for the tappet adjustment/verification cost from the dealers in your area. Secondly, I am from the Cincinnati are and can anyone from the forum recommend a dealer or a private mechanic in my area to do maintenance. I bought my burgman used in late April 2014 and have put over 6000 miles on the bike. I love it, my Goldwing sits in the garage quite often anymore. Thanks for your input. Mike
You can choose to send me a private message if you are recommending a local mechanic.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I'm out on the west coast so I can't offer any suggestions as far as a shop or mechanic near you but I would like to say welcome. I'm sure there should be someone on here that can offer suggestions.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome from hot and sticky Tampa! Glad to have your voice in the mix,

A mechanic you trust is a precious thing. May your search be short.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Should be able to locate reputable Ma & Pa shop via local yellow pages or bike club member recommendation.

Price here about $150.00 - $200.00 at 3 - 4 local stealership.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Agree with the "Ma & Pa" shop idea. Few and far between, however, in my Pennsylvania area. I really don't understand why some enterprising mechanic doesn't realize what a great opportunity there is. Number scoots is growing by leaps and bounds.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not trying to discourage you from paying someone to check your valve adjustment, but if you do a search on 650 valve adjustment you will find most people don't bother. Primarily because with inspection they find they don't need adjustment, even after 30,000 miles or more. If your bike starts easily, runs smoothly, and is getting good gas mileage, it's probably fine. However, if it is keeping you from sleeping at night, have someone do a check for peace of mind.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Check with Bakeisback on this forum (Cary Vincent ] He is from the Cincinnati area and very knowledgable.
I go to a local Suzuki dealer here in Florida and a valve adjustment will cost me about $500.00

1 - 7 of 7 Posts