Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big Mystery burgman 400 will not turn over, it will start but not turn over. everything is operating on this bike for it to start up. their are no codes showing any problems. All the switches for starting or not allowing to start is working no problem there. spark plug is getting spark it seems like a small spark but its there.
put the bike on its two leg kick stand open the throttle full push the starter and it did the same thing starter turn but would not kick over. fuel pump is working, fuel injection is working, no blown fuses, oil was low and need to be changed, I did that and change the gear oil. I just don't know what problem could be.

Can anyone help me?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
have you checked that you positively have fuel?

·
Premium Member
14,226 Posts
>>open the throttle full<<

Why are you doing that with what I assume is a fuel injected bike?
Even though they are fuel injected, sometimes when the Burgmans (400 or 650) refuse to start on a closed throttle they will with the throttle held open. First happened to me on my 07 650 a couple of days after I bought it. I loaded it on the trailer and took it to the dealer. That is the way he got it to start. They ran all kinds of test on it and could find nothing wrong. It's done it a couple of more times over it's life and my 400 has done the same thing a couple of times.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes I have fuel and the fuel is pumping out when I tested it its coming out of the fuel line that is connected to the tank. I also pull out the fuel injector and it is coming out of it also.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
because I read some of the post here and some people said that it worked for their burgman 400. I tried a lot of things that people said it work for their bike but its not working for my bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my bike is not showing any code problems, can I still check to see if there is a code even though no codes are showing? I have no F1 showing no check engine light showing, can a code still be out there?

·
Premium Member
14,226 Posts
Only other thing I can recommend is to run a compression test on it and see if you have lost compression.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
What maintenance had you been doing prior to this problem?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
none the bike was in good shape the last thing I did was put some carburetor cleaner in the fuel tank because last 2 weeks ago it backfire slowing down for a stop sign that was it, did not have any problems after that.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
OK then my guess is an air hose has either pulled off or is leaking on the inlet to the engine - open the girl up and give it a severe letching and fondling until you eliminate this possibility.

·
Registered
146 Posts
On my peewee 50cc scooter, even though the battery is fully charged, for what I think is an age related issue, the load the starter puts on the battery is too much. Im not sure if I can explain it but, but charge and load are separate items. Because your lights and everything work, doesn't necessarily mean it can put out enough power to crank the starter motor. Im sure someone who knows more about it than me might explain it better.

·
Registered
67 Posts
low battery is my guess

·
Registered
585 Posts
The OP mentioned a weak spark in one post. I'd take a look at that. With electronic ignition there should be a nice fat blue spark. A thin yellow spark would be marginal for ignition to occur. If the coil has been removed for some reason make sure the + side has +12 volts going to it. Check for simple things like the plug wire not being inserted fully into the coil. It sounds like something simple has been disturbed and needs to be set right.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you know, when I checked the spark on the plug it does look small and when i press the start you don't see the spark right away but it is there, its just seems small. every thing is on tight just seem to me that the spark is small.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts