Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm thinking of buying a Burgman 400. I came across the SYM Citycom 300i and it looks quite impressive. I'd like to see a comparison between the two scooters. Do any of you have ant experience with the Cithcom 300i? If you have please tell me how you would compare it with the Burgman 400. Thanks very much. Ride safe.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
A riding buddy of mine has a Sym. He loves it and its a great bike. I don't think you'd go wrong with either. But if you really want to do some highway riding, the 400 has it beat hands down.

The Sym actually has a 262cc engine I believe, while the Burg is a true 400 at 399cc. My friend can do freeway on his, but he's very light, 160 lbs max. On the burgie, More weight, better ergos, biggest trunk in scooterdom all all add up to a light highway tourer while still being a great city bike and getting decent mileage. I think the 400 is THE best general purpose bike EVER. I will probably always have one in my stable.

Plus there are a lot of 400s on the road. You can probably get a decent used bike for 2k+. And they're proven long haulers. Mine has 37k and still runs like new after 7 years of abuse.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I almost brought a leftover 09 Citycom before I ended up with my used 08 Burgman. If not for the great price on the Burgy, I would have had no problem being happy with theCitycom. Things to consider, Sym gets better mpg, but Burg has better top end. Sym has better riding position for my 6' frame, but Burg has more foot position options. Storage on Burg is better (plus easier to mount a top case) and it has a longer service interval for oil changes. Price, if new, then Sym wins but its a 21 hp scoot vs. 33 for the Burg. Sym has a new 29 hp 278cc GTS scoot, but who knows if it will ever make it to N. America.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Not exactly same class -- Honda Forza, Kawa j300 would be a closer comparison

1 - 5 of 5 Posts