Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a tool kit come with the Burgman 400?? If so, where is it located??

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yes it does, underneath the seat there is a small compartment that is designed to clip shut that will hold registration papers and in the one corner a cheap but effective set of tools. Do you have a 400 or are you just asking?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I have a 400 and wasn't able to find the tool kit. Is it under the flat plastic panel that is infront of the seat storage compartment??

·
Registered
605 Posts
Sorry I should make one thing clear. Its not underneath in the seat pan but within the compartment towards the front of the scooter. Its easy to see once the seat is lifted.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Found it!! I had not noticed the little plastic box with the "Push" tabs....

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Yes but they are in a different place.
There are hatches in the sides of the storage compartment.

I keep my leatherman and some bunjies in the other hatch to keep things tidy

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can someone either list or take a pic of the tools that are included in the tool kit for the 2011 400? I've yet to pick up my bike and I want to make sure none of the tools are missing. Thanks!

Sube

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
sube5186 said:
Can someone either list or take a pic of the tools that are included in the tool kit for the 2011 400? I've yet to pick up my bike and I want to make sure none of the tools are missing. Thanks!

Sube
while you adre at it, replace those things that are supposed to be pliers but are really a bad hammer or a worse set of eyebrow tweezers but are definitely not pliers with a better quality set

·
Premium Member
14,252 Posts
As MikeyMarine alluded, I wouldn't worry to much about if all the tools are there or not. As tools go they are pretty low quality. They are better than nothing when you are in a pinch but just barely. A couple like the spanner to adjust the shock are unique and worth while but if you are really worried about having tools to use out on the road you would be advised to acquire some better quality ones.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm not so much "worried" about tools. I just want to make sure everything that's supposed to be in the package is. You know, like if something fell out or was borrowed and not put back. How many tools are there supposed to be?

Sube

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Buffalo said:
As MikeyMarine alluded, I wouldn't worry to much about if all the tools are there or not. As tools go they are pretty low quality. They are better than nothing when you are in a pinch but just barely. A couple like the spanner to adjust the shock are unique and worth while but if you are really worried about having tools to use out on the road you would be advised to acquire some better quality ones.
I agree 100% with you Buffalo....... I think those may have been made in Pakistan, Bangladesh or India!!!!!!!!! Even the Chinese make better quality tools.!!!!! AND besides nothing much can be done with them if you were to breakdown on the road.....!! Your best tool is - YOUR CELLPHONE...... :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
:shock: I never alluded, i was never accused of alluding or charged with alluding or convicted and never even thought about doing it!! (well at least in public anyway) :oops:

·
Premium Member
14,252 Posts
Now Mikey you know you alluded whether you want to admit it or not :laughing3:.

·
Premium Member
14,252 Posts
I can't tell you what is in the 2011 400 kit because I don't own one so I can't go out and count them. I can tell you what is in a 2006 400 kit and what is in a 2007 650 kit and that both are identical except the 650 kit includes a shock adjustment tool that the 06 400 does not need and does not have. You 2011 kit will probably be identical to the 650 kit because the newer 400 needs a tool for adjusting the shock.

In both my kits there is a screwdriver handle with two interchangeble shafts one double ended and one not. a pair of pliers, two sockets, and 3 open end wrenches. In addition the 650 kit has the above mentioned shock adjustment wrench.

·
Registered
82 Posts
OK, I looked through the stuff we have on hand in the garage and found:
The 2007 650 Owner's Manual printed November 2006, on page 7-5, under the heading TOOLS says "A tool kit is supplied and located under the seat". The repair manual does not even mention the tool kit.

The 2009 AN400 owners manual on page 7-6 says a tool kit is supplied and located under the seat. It includes a line drawing of the plastic compartment door and a drawing of the stowed plastic bag. No picture of and no mention of individual tools.

The 2007 AN400 repair manual does not mention tools.

This post http://www.burgmanusa.com/forums/viewto ... =4&t=32008 appears to show the tools for a 2006 650. Photo below[attachment=1:3ad72jdf]an650 tool kit.jpg[/attachment:3ad72jdf]

One post discusses small cable in tool kit. Our Burgs never had small cables in the tool kit. http://www.burgmanusa.com/forums/viewto ... =4&t=26371

And one final photo - our 2008 Vespa tool kit.[attachment=0:3ad72jdf]Vespa Tool Kit 2008.jpg[/attachment:3ad72jdf]

When you read posts about tool kits you read over and over - get better quality tools. Inferior tools are no help on the road.

So the answer is - Yes, there should be a tool kit. Where is it? Look under the seat till you locate the little plastic door(s). What should be in it? Who knows. It is a good time to begin a relationship with your local Suzuki dealer and our dealers never got mad at me for asking questions. Also, let your fingers do the walking. Google it. :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks b_bowman.

I always make it a point to Google anything "before" I start asking. Couldn't find much info, as evidenced by the vague description in the owner's manual. Thanks to you, at least I'll have a general idea of what to look for when I get the bike. I do plan on getting a better tool kit to supplement the included one.

Sube

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
granted I didn't have my bikes very long and only accumulated about 25000 miles but in that time i carried a compressor and the tool kit and the only times I used either was to help someone else, If I might make a suggestion, replace the pliers with a small set of vice grips , serves 2 purposes , pliers and cracks walnuts ,

1 - 20 of 27 Posts