Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang, just a quick question. Has anyone considered removing the passenger backrest on the AN400? I have no intention of riding 2-up and think the bike would look much better from the rear and in profile with a spoiler (like the Type S). Anyway, just curious as to whether this is even possible or if anyone has considered it. Thanks.

Mjustice and "Blue Streak"

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
No can do easily - coz the lower bit is the seat latch.

I know a fella who sawed the top bit off tho!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I would imagine you could replace the top 'bit' with a rack/spoiler/top box with the right adaptation. In fact, I seem to recall reading about a topbox you have to 'lose' the backrest and the box has a small pad on the front of it i believe?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
You'd have to replace some of the hardware with the spoiler parts from the Type S as (like Norman said) the seat latch is attached to the lower portion of the backrest. The mounting hardware of Givi trunk for the 650 attaches to the rear spoiler and can not be used in combination with a backrest. Conversely, the Givi trunk hardware (SR115) for the Burgman 400 attaches to backrest

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys! I had not realized the "connection" to the seat latch. :oops: Oh well, it was just a thought. I love the bike and have no problem leaving the backrest in tact. :lol:

Mjustice & "Blue Streak"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts