Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked out item number: 2483709874 on ebay this afternnon. Scooter was described as new with factory warranty. Well as it turns out, the scooter was badly scratched in a number of places and probably dropped. The warranty from Suzuki had also expired. The seller I wish was up front from the begining so that I did not have to waste 3 hrs out of my day.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
If I had to believe there add this is a pristine bike with a warranty.
This is as bad as
The bike is in Europe send money I ship free scams :(
Well maybe your 3 hours will help someone else save a lot more. :)

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I saw a Black 2004 -650 on Ebay this morning with no reserve price and no buy it now price and tonight it is nowhere to be found. Another scam?

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Ebay

It helps to write the owner and see if they respond. You can tell
a lot by the response you get from the owner.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I might buy kitchen knives or a used guitar on E-bay, but a vehicle? I don't think so.

Caveat Emptor.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Brian said:
I might buy kitchen knives or a used guitar on E-bay, but a vehicle? I don't think so.
Caveat Emptor.
I am the brave one. :) bought a 2003 wrx, 2002 camry, 2002 nighthawk 250, 2001 ninja 500r, and 2003 burgman 650 from ebay since last september.

Most of them are in remote areas where there is no local market for those product. The price would be good and we help them to unload. getting them could be a little problematic, but in general i make a trip out of it, visiting my friends while at it. :)

selling, on the other hand, may be better done through cycletrader if there is local market. :wink:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Last two yeas I have bought two BMW 's and my 400 from Ebay, but being retired I look for a reason to go for a ride so a few thousand miles in my p/u is not much, if the price is right.
But I will say I have never even sent a deposit, I drive up and if it's as advertised take it, and the one time I came back empty it was a dealer selling a bike.
If I could not go to pick up a car or bike then I would try to have a forum member take a look or a local mechanic.
But when all is said & done it's like Brian said
Caveat Emptor
- Buyer Beware -

·
Registered
240 Posts
Randy said:
But I will say I have never even sent a deposit, I drive up and if it's as advertised take it, and the one time I came back empty it was a dealer selling a bike.
In all occasions, the seller allowed me to bring a cashiers check in full amount when I (or my friend) picked up the vehicle. Of course, this "trust" will have to come from many emails or phone conversations before a deal was made. I also found that if the other party would not give you a phone number to call, it invariably turned out to be a sham.

Randy said:
If I could not go to pick up a car or bike then I would try to have a forum member take a look or a local mechanic.
Great idea. In all my purchases I look for places where I can also visit a few friends. Buying something thus becomes my excuse to go see them. :twisted:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts