Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it about the Burgman 400 that people are so passionate about. I have read quite a few posts about everthing concerning this scooter. In fact in trying to decide between the Majesty and the B400, this forum has influenced me to the point that the B400 is probably what I will end up with. To be honest I have never seen so many positive comments about any other scooter including the Majesty. Most everyone seems to love this bike. Is it the looks, quality, ride, price, or all of this and more? Before a few months ago I had never heard of a Burgman. Now there seems to be a whole Burgman nation. What is it?

scootervan

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Thats a real tough question(s).

To be honest you are going to see more positive comments about the Burgman 400 because it is a Burgman forum (although we do have members who own the Majesty 400 too). Both machines are very competent and the engine size and transmission just enables them to combine commuting and distance work well. In some respects it could be argued that the Majesty is 'better' than the Burgman - like the chassis construction. However, in the real world of riding and ownership - it comes down to this - What do you prefer-which one fits you best from an ergonomic point of view or even which is best supported by a nearby reputable dealer.

Whichever you go for you will be grinning.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
And usually, winning!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Scootervan!

I am pretty new to this too but I think the Burgman's have been around awhile (at least the 400 vs. the Majesty 400) and have been refined year after year and have most of their annoying kinks out. I actually liked the look of the Majesty better than the Burgman and was considering it.

I had two dealers within 1 mile of each other. One offered the Majesty and the other the Burgman 400. The Yamaha Majesty dealer would not let me test ride before buying. The Suzuki dealer did. I did sit on the Majesty and then the Burgman. No contest. The Burgman just felt right (for me) and the test drive was great.

This forum is really a plus to Burgman owners (thank you Greengoose and ALL the helpful people) which also swayed me. The wealth of information on these forums is fantastic.

I guess I look at the "total package." Not just the reviews of the bike, but also the benefits of information such as this forum for the long term.

Am I passionate about the bike? Well... I am not a passionate person about inanimate objects... But do I really, really like this bike? Absolutely! ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ergonomics

Sit on them both as suggested. For me, the Burgman was a better fit (I have long legs and the Burgman's handlebars sat higher giving more clearance.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Well, actually as far as USA is concerned the Burgmans are pretty new. I believe 2003 was the first year they were imported into the USA. They've (Suzuki) been making them in japan since the mid-late 90's tho (first under the name Skywave then Burgman). As above folks said it really boils down to what YOU want/need. What is best for one isn't always best for another. Want to find out which is best for YOU? make a list of all the features with a column for each make/model you are considering and then prioritize it according to what YOU need/desire. Include all the specs, storage, 12VDC, MPG, MPH, type of driving, type of roads you will spend more time on (like: % city/%highway, etc.), maintenance requirements (cost) and how often/durations, insurance, any aftermarket accessories required by each model (Burgman owners almost always buy an aftermarket windscreen - `cept some of the type-S riders ;)), etc, etc.
Oh, right, and how much it costs! :)
I ended up in a size AN400K3 and it fits ME.. like a glooove! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts