Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Burgman 400 in San Diego, CA ( Although I am from Colombia)

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  4DThinker 
#1 ·
Hi every one, my name is Marcello my user name is machabe. I posted some newbie coments and thanks for answering. I just realized that I had not introduced myself properly.
I just purchased a 2005 Burg 400 last thursday, on Friday morning it was delivered to my house at 9:30 am, immediately after that I went to the DMV to take the test for a learning permit, I studied the handbook while I waited to be called. I passed the test. Friday I put the first 6 miles on the seat and I just love it, yesterday I did 40 miles and today I did about 20 miles for a "whooping" 66 miles in 3 days. This is my first motorcycle/scooter EVER so it does feel a bit weird but I totally love it.
Here are some bad news.... as I was practicing at the test track of my local DMV office my best friend (who has sworn to me has tons of experience riding bikes, even riding dirt bike on motocross tracks) came by to say Hi, I asked him if he wanted to ride the Burg and he said OK... First thing I told him was... be careful dont fall... he very cockly responded..." no that wont happen I have tons of experience......."
guys take a guess what happened next........
yeap the IDIOT fell and almost killed himself less than 1 second after take off... my burgy ended up on the right side and windshield and right side fairing and muffler cover totally scratched up... of course I ran to help him get on his feet and make sure he did not brake a rib or anything, fortunately he only got some scratches and literraly bit the bark off a tree.... he did not bleed or anything but he cleaned off his teeth with his shirt and the shirt came out dirty.....
well my burgy is hurt already with only 66 miles and less than 4 days old.
I need to know where is the best place to order replacement parts... I dont care for aftermarket or used I will get brand new ones and dont know where to start...
some guidance will be absolutely, greatly appreciated.
In the meantime I will keep on riding painfully seeing those scratches.

See less See more
#4 ·
Ouch! That really hurts. Hope you are able to get your bike fixed soon. I'll bet your friend feels pretty bad about dumping your very new and beautiful bike? I am sure the guys on this board will be able to give you some good advice on getting replacement parts.

Welcome to BUSA.

#6 ·
Welcome Marcello, The Burg will ride good even with scratches and thanks for the story. I'm gonna just be blunt with my best friend when he requests a ride and restrict him to the bicycle. :lol: .........Neal

#8 ·
Sorry to hear about the damage, Marcello. My relatively new 650 is in the shop for repairs from a wreck, so I know how you are feeling.

I remember when I first tested a scooter. It was a 50cc Yamaha Moped (with a "mo" but no "ped"). The dealer warmed me to accelerate slowly, but what seemed like a gentle twist of the throttle nearly pulled that baby out from under me. Of course my surprise made me grip the throttle tighter and flail away as I zipped off. Fortunately he had a large clear area with no trees for me to weave around in as I got the feel for it.

I wonder if your "experienced" friend was confused by no clutch. Acceleration on these big scoots is so linear that I know it must surprise those moving from conventional bikes.

Here's to a quick recovery. May your back-to-New wheels be under you again in no time.

Dave B.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.