Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, everybody ! Im impatiently waiting for my new, blue '04 Burg 400.
ok here we go. I ordered my burg from a dealer out of state.the burg is suppose to be delivered in a box or crate,never previously openned.my question is does it comes with all the liquids(oils,coolant)?What kind of assembly will required, if any? thanks for your help! nice forum!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Don't know about the fluids, maybe-maybe not. Most freight companies require all engines to be dry. I don't know if this is a DOT requirement or not. The 6 or so moving companies that moved me, and this is for household stuff - kinda like freight, kinda not like freight, all required any engines to be dry.

However, the few people I heard of get their burgy in a box did have to put the windshield on themselves. No big deal. No mention of fluids though.

I think a simple call to the place you bought it from could answer the fluid question. Enjoy your new burgy!! The worse part is waiting...

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
burg is suppose to be delivered in a box or crate,never previously openned
What did you pay for ? the dealer may have charged you like any other customer so the price includes set up and then he recreates it to ship.
Don't know about the Burgman,
Bikes come "dry" and from there it the best way to fit it in a create so assembly differs somewhat.
What if the bike is not assemble right and there is a accident because of it .
Or you burnout the engine (or whatever) is it covered under the warranty.
It does raise some questions. :roll:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its coming from Miami, Fla.thats the best deal I could find at that moment.that place from ohio had a better price(4799) but shipping to Florida was about $500 it will actually cost about the same.Bike will be shipped to Puerto Rico for about $200. I cant wait!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
When I called the guys in Ohio about shipping a bike here, they stated the bike would be unboxed, assembled, and recrated before shipping. They said that is "Required by Suzuki".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK I called the dealer and the salesperson told me that I will only need to add the acid for the battery.that fluids are already in place,but to verify the engine oil "just in case".he says the bike comes fully assembled except for the winshield.and he also cofirmed that the bike will shipped out on tuesday so I should be getting it by the weekend. cant wait! thanks

·
Registered
793 Posts
When the dealer prepped my 400, they used a fork lift and straps to raise the front end
high enough to attach the front wheel before the bike was fully removed
from the crate.
And that was a two man job!

How are you going to do that?

---

These Burgmans aren't supposed to arrive at a retail customers' front door
crated up like this!
Dealers get training from Suzuki on prepping a bike for a customer.

I wouldn't have paid any more than $4,300 to prep a Burgman AN400K3 myself.
These lazy dealers that talk "deal" to unsuspecting customers that have no tools
or experience are also violating their contractual agreement with Suzuki
concerning the dealers safety commitment to both you and the manufacturer.

No offense to you But,
You're being asked to prep the bike and verify that it is warranty-able
to the manufacturer for the lazy dealer.
Plenty of dealers ship pre-prepared bikes by freight between themselves.
They should have done that for you too.

A product liability lawsuit that concerns a mishandled "deal" between you
and a dealer from far away is a conundrum Suzuki and the dealer would
try to wriggle out of if > bolts, screws or other materials are not affixed correctly.
A dealer has updated and current documentation from Suzuki that addresses
inconsistancies in the assembly of a crated product but they're not sharing that
with you, are they?

If it is not too late to stop payment on the check and refuse the shipment
of the Burgman when it arrives, you would have full recourse with Suzuki
and any State Consumer Office concerning this misdeed done to you.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Not making a lot of sense, if you need to just check the oil then the bike has been set up and put together.
I thought the batteries were a maintenance free. :?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Read the first post.
"...the burg is suppose to be delivered in a box or crate,never previously openned."

Ofcourse the battery is maintenence free - after you handle acid viles that get poured into a maintenence free battery!

Crated Burgy's have no oil in them and no gas. You got gas?
He'll need to pour two quarts into it, start it (to get oil into filter chamber),
then fill the rest of the way so it won't spill, trying to get all of it
poured at the same time.

The trucking company will put the box where they want, not where you want.
Have a pleasant ride.

PS:
That would be a 500lb box.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
ajwood wrote
Read the first post.
"...the burg is suppose to be delivered in a box or crate,never previously openned.
Read post # 9
I will only need to add the acid for the battery.that fluids are already in place,but to verify the engine oil "just in case"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK people,sorry for not updating sooner,I was busy riding my new toy.
I did received the bike in the factory box.It is a steel frame box covered with carton.It took me about two hours to get it ready to ride.
here is what needs to be assemble.

1-front fender

2-front wheel

3-winshield

4-seat backrest

5-mirrors

6-brake levels

7-handle bar cover

8-battery

you will need basic tools and some mechanical ability and common sense(instructions not included)

the only instructions were for filling the battery with the acid.battery came dry in a box and the acid was included.all the fluids were in place.

I can truly say that the more I ride the bike the more I like it.

thanks and have a nice ride!!!!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Glad to hear that everything worked out ok for you. Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
chevylover said:
OK people,sorry for not updating sooner,I was busy riding my new toy.
I did received the bike in the factory box.It is a steel frame box covered with carton.It took me about two hours to get it ready to ride.
here is what needs to be assemble.

you will need basic tools and some mechanical ability and common sense(instructions not included)
Good to see you're enjoying your new toy. Eeek! 2 hours? I barely could wait to get it off the truck. Dang near tried riding off the back of the truck rather than taking the time to locate ramps. :roll: I'm glad it wasn't me trying to do the 'some assembly required' part as I'm 'mechanically reclined' rather than 'inclined'.

Have a blast and keep us posted on the fun your having.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I hope you got a real good deal because it sounds like the dealer had you do his work.
One question, if something goes wrong do you have a warranty even if a Suzuki dealer did not prep the bike. :?:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi!,Randy, I think that the suzuki dealer has no way of knowing who "prep" the bike.let me start by saying that the only mechanical assembly that I had to do,was installing the front wheel,the rest was simple and more cosmetic than mechanical. the brake levels was just a screw,they come pre-adjusted. by the way the bike came with the factory inspeccion certificate.
If you get a flat front tire ,you take it off and take the tire to get fix or change,does not means you loose your warranty. or if you put in a new battery,you wont loose the warranty. thats why I dont think there will be any issues with the warranty. thanks for asking, Randy. Have a nice ride!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts