Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
We decided to replace our 2004 Burgman 400 (non ABS) with a gently used 2016 Burgman 400 - ABS model last year. Picking a 2016 model was deliberate for three reasons. 1) price ... older years and generations usually sell for less of course; 2) the diminished under seat cargo space was a game stopper on the > 2016's and; 3) parts availability are plentiful for the 2016 (same parts for model years 2007-2016) versus something newer with fewer on-road units.

The slightly lighter weight and "thinner" styling cues of the 2017+ models weren't nearly enough to sway us towards a newer one.

For the record, we found little difference between the 2004 and 2016 models. They're both comfortable, economical, decent handling scooters that did/do everything we asked of them. The newer one is made even better by sporting the GIVI Airflow windscreen, handguards, Grip Puppies over OEM heated grips, ABS brakes (OEM), GIVI E22 side cases and a GIVI V46 rear top case painted to match the scoot. Tidbit = more overall cargo capacity than a Honda Gold Wing.
Thanks for the summary ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
My 2018 B400 has been great on multi-day trips when riding 6-9 hours per day. I’m 6’1” tall and find the seat good and not cramped - I ride with feet forward in cruiser style, not down in chair position. Like on any bike trip, I prefer to take a break every hour and a half or so to stretch my legs and a get a drink to stay refreshed and focused. If Corbin made a seat for the newer 400 I would order one, just to add a custom touch and increase seat padding, but they will only do one when you ride in to their facility and I am way too far away. Bottom line, it is a great scooter.
~
hope you enjoy the ‘16 you purchased.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
U
My 2018 B400 has been great on multi-day trips when riding 6-9 hours per day. I’m 6’1” tall and find the seat good and not cramped - I ride with feet forward in cruiser style, not down in chair position. Like on any bike trip, I prefer to take a break every hour and a half or so to stretch my legs and a get a drink to stay refreshed and focused. If Corbin made a seat for the newer 400 I would order one, just to add a custom touch and increase seat padding, but they will only do one when you ride in to their facility and I am way too far away. Bottom line, it is a great scooter.
~
hope you enjoy the ‘16 you purchased.

View attachment 90108
Hi, thanks for your response. Its good to know you find the seat comfortable, its all food for thought. I haven't purchased a burgman yet (UK lockdown) but there's definitely one on my shopping list!

Regards AL

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi folks, just thought I give you a update, I have just taken delevery of 2009 Burgman 400, 20000 miles with full service history. I have only covered 200 so far, first impressions... I like it. Thanks again for all the imput, I will upload some pictures shortly.

Regards AL

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi folks, just thought I give you a update, I have just taken delevery of 2009 Burgman 400, 20000 miles with full service history. I have only covered 200 so far, first impressions... I like it. Thanks again for all the imput, I will upload some pictures shortly.

Regards AL
original screen? you'll like it even more if you dump the oem and get a givi or clearview or a piece of plywood.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I don't mind the screen... I haver used to riding BMW gs with a small screen.

Regards AL

21 - 26 of 26 Posts