Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking to change my drive belt on my 2009 AH400. Can anyone confirm the width specification and wear limits for 2009 model?

Measured mine as 24.5mm at 4 different points. Engine revs def feel high on the open road and the clutch 'bite point' from standstill is 4000 rpm.

Was also going to replace roller wieghts - are the standard ones 21gms?

Thanks.
Have read a lot of forum belt entries, but am not clear on a definitive answer for my 09 bike.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Am looking to change my drive belt on my 2009 AH400. Can anyone confirm the width specification and wear limits for 2009 model?

Measured mine as 24.5mm at 4 different points. Engine revs def feel high on the open road and the clutch 'bite point' from standstill is 4000 rpm.

Was also going to replace roller wieghts - are the standard ones 21gms?

Thanks.
Have read a lot of forum belt entries, but am not clear on a definitive answer for my 09 bike.
Im real sure there Are 21gms, The heavy weights will Get Higher end Speed, 0-99 MPH As the Lighter weights will Give you Faster Take off but Lack 0-99 at best 0-80 and will take longer to get to Max Speed..

Elliott,

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Stock roller weights are 19gms.

Because of the way the belt is constructed, I find rpm vs speed a better indication of general transmission health rather than V-belt width. On a stock transmission, post 2007, your indicated speed should be close to rpm/100 (e.g. 6K rpm for 60 mph, 7K rpm for 70 mph). If you are running sliders, expect the rpm to drop about 1K for any speed above 60 mph.

Also, the engagement point from a standstill, at least for me, is a less repeatable measurement than the release point when decelerating. Engagement occurs somewhere around 3.5-4K. When coasting down, the release is right about 2.8K every time.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
crosstrees, what is the mileage on your scooter? The belt normally is changed at a given mileage, somewhere around 14,500 miles I think. How long have you had your scooter. Have you had your scooter from new? If not how many miles were on it when you bought it.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'm on my third belt. The last one had 18k miles and still looked really good and I ride pretty hard. I think 20k is not unreasonable, safety wise, to expect out of an OEM belt. I've heard people put over 30k.

But due to the convenience and other problems associated with a belt failure, I'd stick to 20k plus or so. IMHO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, I'm at 30,000 miles and so am getting belt and rollers changed. It def feels like ist overrevving at 70mph and from take off, the bite point is 4100rpm.
So lets see if it make things better. cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts