Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for assistance. Both latches are sticking on the glove compartment and the right hand storage flap. I was able to remove the locking mechanism on the glove box, dismantle and clean ... now works fine. However the right flap latch that pushes in sticks inwards, so does not pop back out to keep the flap closed. Any idea how to remove this to clean / fix? Thanks for your help either way. Cheers.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Just looked at mine. Doesn't seem to be any way to get at the mechanism without disassembling the front of the bike.

Maybe try spraying into the edges of the latch with high-pressure soapy water (or maybe alcohol) then flushing it with clean water? (Warning: wear goggles when spraying stuff into the latch!) Follow up with compressed air (if you don't have a compressor handy, or even if you do, one of those cans of air used for cleaning keyboards and such would be good for this). The low-risk method is to use a spray bottle or squirt gun, higher risk is to use the pressure washer from a do-it-yourself car wash (but flush it with clean water very quickly, since the soap can be strong enough to damage the finish on plastics).

Either way, get papers and electronics out of the main and upper glove box since water will probably get in no matter how careful you are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking for assistance. Both latches are sticking on the glove compartment and the right hand storage flap. I was able to remove the locking mechanism on the glove box, dismantle and clean ... now works fine. However the right flap latch that pushes in sticks inwards, so does not pop back out to keep the flap closed. Any idea how to remove this to clean / fix? Thanks for your help either way. Cheers.
Perfect thanks ... will try. Have both a compressor and a power washer. Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No unfortunately it did not help ... too bad. I ended up drilling a small hole in the piece you press to open / pull to close. I then placed a small hooked piece of coat hanger in it. This way I can grab this and easily lock closed. I could always push it in, but the issue was it would not spring back. Now I just pull it out manually. It works for now.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Sorry to hear it -- but glad you found a workaround.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts