Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy folks, i am researching scooters to have as a more fun and more efficient alternative to my truck, and being a large guy at 6'2" 330 im trying to find out what weight ratings the ones im interested in has.

For the life of me i can not find the GVWR for the burgman 200 (i was able to find the 400's easy) anywhere, if anyone has a manual and happens to know would they be so kind as to inform me? the closest dealer is many miles away so i would just like to know if its even worth going out there to check one out. Thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I looked in my UH200 service manual and didn't see any such data.

I would guess it to be significantly less that the Burgman 400.

At 330 lbs & dressed in safety gear, you may weigh more then the UH200.
Not a good feeling, I expect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thank you both i really appreciate it, chances are i may take a trip to the deaership anyway as they apparently have a 2013 400 in inventory they may be willing to deal on that may be worth checking out. so i will just try to find out when i am there. I will try to post whatever i find back on here in case anyone else wants to know, again thank you both for the kindness.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
These scoots with smaller engines are affected by load, in both performance and strain to the vehicle. At your deminsions, I can almost assure you you'll find the 400, if not the 650, more comfortable and to your liking. :)

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I think that you will find that the UH200
is almost the same size as a 400 Burgman,
but with only half the engine to power it.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I think that you will find that the UH200
is almost the same size as a 400 Burgman,
but with only half the engine to power it.
The thing with the 200 is it doesn't have a butt bumper, which can be removed altogether or repurposed as a back rest, giving a couple inches of extra leg room. At 6'2" and depending on your inseam, that could be beneficial. But ergos are a personal thing.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts