Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
I think that is a Burger Beer from Cincinnati, Ohio.

·
Registered
Ratted Out '07 AN400K7
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that is a Burger Beer from Cincinnati, Ohio.
I actually drank that back in the 80's for , if I remember right, $2.50 a case. Its was made by Pabst, and it was scankier than PBR. The only way to drink it was when it was almost frozen, and you had to have it done b4 it warmed up or it would be really nasty. But if you wanted a cheap buzz, that was the stuff to buy.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
15,156 Posts
I actually drank that back in the 80's for , if I remember right, $2.50 a case. Its was made by Pabst, and it was scankier than PBR. The only way to drink it was when it was almost frozen, and you had to have it done b4 it warmed up or it would be really nasty. But if you wanted a cheap buzz, that was the stuff to buy.
@yoboats
So what you are trying to say is this beer is not top shelf stuff made only for discriminating beer drinkers. We used to have something similar when I grew up oh so many years ago. I don't recall the name of it but only the taste. The only people that actually bought it was kids in school and those really down on their luck.

·
Registered
Ratted Out '07 AN400K7
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@yoboats
So what you are trying to say is this beer is not top shelf stuff made only for discriminating beer drinkers. We used to have something similar when I grew up oh so many years ago. I don't recall the name of it but only the taste. The only people that actually bought it was kids in school and those really down on their luck.
Yep that's pretty much about it. Although I was some nasty beer, I do have fond memories hanging out with my buds drinking some Burgie.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
The Burgman 650 Beer

·
Registered
537 Posts
I remember us occasionally buying the cheapest , cheap beer, on special sales, down the street for $7.99 a case, in the early 80’s. Normally $11.
Usually Piels, Black Label, or some other bottom shelf dwellers.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
I remember us occasionally buying the cheapest , cheap beer, on special sales, down the street for $7.99 a case, in the early 80’s. Normally $11.
Usually Piels, Black Label, or some other bottom shelf dwellers.
In the late 70’s in high school we had the 8x 7oz Little Kings but in college using math we went with the 24x16oz Genesee Cream Ale …. then our math led us to 1/2 barrels of Shlitz Malt Liquor….Math is a dangerous subject.

Reactions: Blacktruck

·
Registered
537 Posts
In the late 70’s in high school we had the 8x 7oz Little Kings but in college using math we went with the 24x16oz Genesee Cream Ale …. then our math led us to 1/2 barrels of Shlitz Malt Liquor….Math is a dangerous subject.
Ahh yes, Geni cream ale… Those used to go on sale for about the same price too. We Used to jokingly call the next morning in the bathroom- the Genny squirts, after having too many 😉

·
Registered
Ratted Out '07 AN400K7
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AH the Shlitz $#!+'s and Genny gushers...... Good times good times. Please say there were no White Castles or boiled eggs involved. Talk about going Mt. Vesuvius in the bathroom.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
AH the Shlitz $#!+'s and Genny gushers...... Good times good times. Please say there were no White Castles or boiled eggs involved. Talk about going Mt. Vesuvius in the bathroom.
Yes White-y Casaills was part of the Bowl Game ! and I was kicked out from the same college as Paul “Cool Hand Luke” Newman was.

Mid year the college tightened up and only allowed 3.2% beer at college functions …. a little paint on the keg bung and an old plastic cap from a 3.2 beer keg and we could slide the Shlitz Bull past the Powers That Were.

The only giveaway was …..people were found sleeping in the strangest places with a Red Solo Cup.

Reactions: Blacktruck

·
Registered
2013 Burgman 650 who's name is Frankenberg...
1,118 Posts
Two exits, no waiting... :) We had a super smart kid, skipped a few years in high school who had his own corner of a lab. One of his 'experiments' involved making flavored vodka which he generously shared with us heathens who couldn't afford the good stuff. I never did figure out how he got away with having a still in a major college chemistry program.

·
Administrator
21,814 Posts
Two bottles of MD 20-20 poured into a glass baking pan and suck in the freezer till the water froze. It left behind Grape flavored Moonshine.

·
Premium Member
17,486 Posts
5 dried fruit packets from mre's a little sprinkle of yeast sent from home by mom , some distilled water from the supplies required by the aircraft, and about a week in a galon jug in your seabag, it had no name , and after a few sips , you couldn't have pronounced it anyway, tasted almost as bad as mre's or pbr

(caution, may be slightly poisonus)

·
Registered
Ratted Out '07 AN400K7
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 gallon of apple cider - 2 cakes of yeast - 2 balloons - string
1) put 2 cakes of yeast in the gallon of cider
2) put a balloon over the mouth of the gallon jug and secure with string
3) remove and replace the balloon after it fills with gas
4) chill and enjoy after the second fills with gas.
APPLE JACK

1 - 18 of 18 Posts