Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to scooters and have a chance to buy a 2001 Reflex for $3600 with about 300 miles on it. I can also get a 2002 Silverwing ( 1900 miles) for about $5500.The Burgman 400 would probably have to be a 2004 at maybe if I'm lucky $5500. I have a V-strom so what I'm looking for is something to commute 10 miles to work and errands around town. Maybe some 100 mile trips to the beach or mountains. I weigh 150 lbs and ride 1 up. I'm leaning toward the 400 but the price of the Reflex is pretty attractive although I don't know much about them. Any and all info would help me out a lot.

Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you are going to keep the VStrom and just intend to use the scooter as you indicated, then I think the Reflex will do the job. I have a friend who has one and is very happy with it. Just my opinion, of course, although, actually, it all comes down to a matter of money. If you can afford the Silverwing, go for it!

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
394 Posts
First, you cannot go wrong with any of the maxiscooters you listed. I have owned a Honda Reflex 250 since 2001 and a Suzuki Burgman 650 since last year. The 'Flex will do the job as you have indicated and more.

What it wouldn't do was two-up touring. In safety gear, my wife and I combined weight already reaches the carrying capacity of the Reflex without luggage. Going up steeper hills at capacity we could bearly hold 55 mph running the 250 flat out. That is why I bought the Burgman.

Running 1-up for errands and day trip, the Reflex will serve you fine. Heck, it will even tour pretty well though it is more vunerable to cross winds than a bigger scoot.

Hope this is helpful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts