Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm betting that at least ONE Burger is going to put in an appearance at Americade in Lake George, NY. I saw a tricked-out silver 650 on the New York State Thruway this morning, heading northward as part of a large group of touring bikes. Good guess that they were bound for Americade, which runs this week.

If anyone attends, let us know how your Burger was received, will you?

--Chris

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I took my new 400 to Americade - met up with some folks I met online (the Beginnerbikes Riding Club) and had a real good time. I met a fellow who also had a 400- his was blue, mine is silver. I even waved to a lady on a Honda Reflex. Americade is great! As long as your on 2 wheels, make and model don't mean anything :)

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, Diane, that's cool! 8) I'm so glad you enjoyed the trip, and am glad that your Burgman fit right in. I didn't have the time off from work to visit Americade this year with my 400, but maybe next year!

If you don't mind my asking, whereabout do you live in the Capital District?

--Chris

·
Registered
42 Posts
My wife and I took our 650 Burg to Americade. We've been attending for about 20 years! It's always a good time and it's the best crowd...very friendly and not so Brand conscious. There was alot of interest in the Burgman. Many people came over to get a closer look whenever I parked it. Lots of questions and always a surprised look when I explained the engine size and it's comfort level on the interstate. I let one person sit on it as they were interested in the seat height and whether she could touch the ground. Too bad Suzuki wasnt offering demo rides...they probably would have sold a bundle! We saw several Burgs while riding around the area and always got a loooong look or a wave.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Burgie at Americade

My wife rode her Burgie to Lk. George from Buffalo, NY for the Americade.
Any Burgie people there may remember "ScootZilla". Hers was the blue 400
with the awesome pinstripe job. She got more attention than most of the
HD's, and Wings! People were asking her if they could sit on it for a picture!
The embarrasing part is the story of the 60 mph roll-on.
I left my roadstar in 5th, and we tried the roll-on. I got dusted!
Every time!!!
Cruised comfortably at 75-80!!!!

Gotta get a 650!

Bill

·
Registered
728 Posts
burgies in NYS

is there any burger riders in western NYS? I'd liek to hook with with some people for rides next summer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Scooter Rides

Hey All,

I met a couple of guys when I was out on my Burg. They expressed an interest in club rides in upstate NY Capital District. I would like to either join or start something this spring. Any Info / Interest?

Bill

Burgman 650

1 - 7 of 7 Posts