Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Speedo Sending Unit Quit!! Not sure if im gonna take the Plung for $80 for a new one ! was going to Church Sunday! when the "FI" Indicator came on i forgot the CODE! but Speedo Stoped it Checks out on the TEST! when Ignition is First Active, Im thinking of Getting a Bike Digital LCD one for now! wodering if it will work, Some one mention most of them work with Scooters, need your Input:confused:

Elliott,

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
The VSS signal is used by the ECU for fine tuning engine fueling and ignition timing--if the ECU does not receive the VSS signal for 3 to 5 seconds it will throw code C16. Though apparently not absolutely critical this will affect fuel economy to some extent.

You should check to wiring for opens/shorts, and remove the sensor to make sure it is not contaminated with metal particles/etc...

·
Premium Member
12,585 Posts
gap is critical too

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The VSS signal is used by the ECU for fine tuning engine fueling and ignition timing--if the ECU does not receive the VSS signal for 3 to 5 seconds it will throw code C16. Though apparently not absolutely critical this will affect fuel economy to some extent.

You should check to wiring for opens/shorts, and remove the sensor to make sure it is not contaminated with metal particles/etc...
Checked!! wires, No Breaks in the wires that i can see!! Will have to Order the Sending Unit, I did a voltage test on wires, Shows GOOD!! i guess the Device just Quit working..

Will see will let you Yall Know when the new one comes in.

Elliott,

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you remove it and check for metal particles/powder on the sensor nose? That is the first action suggested in the shop manual...
Yeap!! even plugged it in and got a Magnet and went around it the speedo needle did not move!! i did the Magnet test years ago and the needle moved!! same test today nothing. did Current test on Device as well there are 3 Prongs inside the device sent a few volts thru but no volts came out of the other 2 Prongs even with Magnet test , i can feel a notch of Magnet Pull when i swing the Magnet next to the Device!

Part# 34990-05H00 Sensor, Speed

I may not even worry about it! it was never Acuurate anyway Speed was 7% off anyway even with Techartguy's Dash Layout it was 2% off ,May just get a LCD Digital instead a lot cheaper then $80 dollars just don't seem worth it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts