Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By using the experience Suzuki has gotten from the Burgman transmissions, in particular the 650, they should be able to build a cost effective cruiser.

Speaking with many riders and wanna be riders has indicated to me that there is a market out there(A BIG market) for automatic motorcycles.

It would revolutionize the motorcycle world and bring a whole new group of riders into the market. Namely those between 40-60 who want the riding experience but not the hassles of shifting, and are not ready for the Burgman experience.

In my humble opinion :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll second that one Alex!...I think I'm a prime candidate for exactly what your talking about. The bike market has become flooded with two main sections...sportbikes and cruisers. Touring machines have their loyal following that has always been there, but pretty much everyone else falls into the recreational area. I'll never be trekking cross country because my wife is not a big fan of bikes of any kind. I also agree that here are many people who might like to ride for fun but are hugely intimidated by controlling a manual shift bike. The thought of a simple crack up on a bike is enough to scare many would-be riders away. The rest are immediately shunned by the other people they know who frown on the whole aspect of scooters. The Burgman represents a huge leap forward in this area but it is still a machine that gets zero respect in the bike world. I say to any biker out there that laughs at auto transmissions on scooters to check the interior of his truck or SUV...I'm willing to bet there are precious few that are shifting gears. The G-Strider or something like it would make a massive bridge across the gap between scooter and full-on motorcycle and carve a whole new niche of rider who dont live in the shadow of Harley Davidson.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts