Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kinda' bummed that my only color choice for my '05 650 was silver. So, I want to do something to it to make it 'mine'. I saw the burgy on here with the flames and liked that a lot - very classy and not overdone. Anyway, does anybody know a good website that has good selection of vinyl accents/graphics and junk?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
good selection of vinyl accents/graphics

I also would like to find the vinyl accents/graphics too.

I know the Burgs are beautiful all ready, but just want to add a little color.

Ruthie

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
It's easy to imagine adding color to a silver, or silver graphics to a blue. I'm a little stymied as to how to spice up my black, though. Been thinking about doing just a little pinstripe detailing, If I could only find one of those west-coast pinstriper pros here in kansas.

Dave B.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
4DThinker said:
It's easy to imagine adding color to a silver, or silver graphics to a blue. I'm a little stymied as to how to spice up my black, though. Been thinking about doing just a little pinstripe detailing, If I could only find one of those west-coast pinstriper pros here in kansas.

Dave B.
I just added some silver graphics to my black helmet which are also made of scotchlite so it will glow at night for safety.

Something to think about for your black burg :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
One suggestion is to visit an auto body / customization shop. They have paints specifically for the type of plastic the body panels are made out of (usually they use them for painting dash boards and such), and since there is so little material to paint, the cost should not be too horrible to have it re-painted to whatever color you want. Once the silver fades out on mine and doesn't look as shiny and new, I'm considering a nice burgundy wine color. As for graphics, you should visit a custom sign shop. Cut vinyl graphics are pretty cheap, and they can make whatever you want and apply it for you if you need. I used to do sign work, and we did some pretty cool stuff for people.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
The place I ordered my flame kit was fromhttp://www.tapeworks.com/

If you phone them up and tell them you are considering ordering some graphics and ask for some color swatches , they will send them to you. My kit was a generic flame kit. This product is of extremely high quality. Again today I had 2 more people ask where I had the Flames painted. Thats how nice they went on my bike. If people can mistake them for custom paint than I am thrilled.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm supprised that you "settled" for silver, if that wasn't what you wanted. I found a dealer that had no problems tracking down a blue one for me. For me, it was blue, or nothing.
anyways, I'm thinking of adding a few fancies to mine also, so I'll be looking into some pin stripping for mine also.
Good luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Silver Only

wilder days said:
I'm supprised that you "settled" for silver, if that wasn't what you wanted. I found a dealer that had no problems tracking down a blue one for me. For me, it was blue, or nothing.
anyways, I'm thinking of adding a few fancies to mine also, so I'll be looking into some pin stripping for mine also.
Good luck.
I'm pretty sure silver is the only option on the 650 for 2005. I may be wrong. In any case, it was next to impossible to find a 650 in KC. I was fortunate enough to find a dealer that had one still in the crate at thier storage facility (I can't believe they took the time to put the Majesty out on the floor and left the Burgy in the crate). Anyway, I took what I could get and they gave me a great deal ($1000 off MSRP).

·
Registered
728 Posts
Trust me, they make a blue '05, I bought one.
I went to three dealers, only one was willing to find me a blue 650. It was the same dealer that I got my intruder from. They are always very willing to find what one is looking for.

·
Registered
58 Posts
TAPE

HELLO If you look on the internet ckeck out auto or car hood tap and or
hood decals. With a hood decal you can cut out some of the decal
which will give you a right and left side for your scooter.I bought
a hood decal for $34.00 a year ago and it stills looks great. GOOD LUCK
P.S They come in alot of different colors.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Re: Silver Only

kcburgman said:
wilder days said:
I'm pretty sure silver is the only option on the 650 for 2005. I may be wrong.
The 2005 brochure, in my hot little hands, lists both Silver and Blue as color options for both the 650 and the 400.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This 650 color thing has me a bit confused...

The Suzuki web site does NOT show the 650 as being offered in blue for '05- silver only.

The 400 comes in silver and blue.

Why would they put a color choice in their brochure that isn't on their web site?

I'm not doubting anyone-but I've never seen a blue one around here. Which doesn't mean much- you don't see too many of them.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
NancyLu said:
Why would they put a color choice in their brochure that isn't on their web site?.
Their web site is screwed up. Look at the specs for the 2005 650 and they list colors as silver and black (2004 options that failed to be updated). But look here:
http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/AN ... fault.aspx
and you'll see the silver and blue.

Dave B.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
NancyLu,

The Suzuki website has been a source of mis-information in the past too. It is poorly managed. I went to check out your claim and found things to be even worse than just listing Silver. If you click on "Specs" for the 2005 model and scroll down to the bottom, they list Silver and Black for colors. That is totally wrong! Black was a color for 2004 only, and was replaced by Blue for 2005. They obviously copied the 2004 web pages for the 2005 model and neglected to update the color information. :roll:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Still... Only silver & blue. Don't get me wrong, it obviously wasn't a deal breaker for me. It's a fine machine :thumbleft:

I ordered some graphics today. Maybe I will post some pictures when I'm done. Thanks for all your help!

Now, I'm also thinking of painting the silver "Burgman 650" letters on the side to match. Any suggestions on prep and paint? I have some experience, but never did letters like that before.

~Tom

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Big Burgy Day

I had a big Burgy day! Wow! After deciding that waiting two weeks and spending over $200 for the first scheduled maintenance was ridiculous, I decided to do it myself. It took about 90 minutes to change the oil, transmission oil, and gear oil. When all was said and done, I paid myself $66.00/hour. Actually, it was fairly easy thanks to this board. I had the tools and only spent about $30 in supplies.

Since all Burgmans seem to look the same (SILVER/BLUE), I also decided to add some ‘flair’ to mine. The before and after photos are posted at:

http://spaces.msn.com/members/kcburgman/

* I didn't know how to post to the gallery in 'burgmanusa' :newb:

Anyway, that’s what I did all day. Thank God I don’t have a real job!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nice graphics... tastefully done. It does give the bike a unique flair without overdoing things. Well Done.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: Big Burgy Day

kcburgman said:
I had a big Burgy day! Wow! After deciding that waiting two weeks and spending over $200 for the first scheduled maintenance was ridiculous, I decided to do it myself. It took about 90 minutes to change the oil, transmission oil, and gear oil. When all was said and done, I paid myself $66.00/hour. Actually, it was fairly easy thanks to this board. I had the tools and only spent about $30 in supplies.
Just curious... if you do this, this counts towards scheduled maintenance for warranty purposes?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts