Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings from Ohio's North Coast! Been riding for over 50 years; started on Whizzers. Moved on to Allstate (Puch) and Lambretta scooters. Been on the big bikes since the late '60's. Recently picked up a silver 2003 AN650 at an estate sale. Elderly owner (R.I.P.) took great care of it and kept all service records. Happy as a clam with my new ride; brings back a lot of early scooter memories. Having so much fun, I put my other bikes into hibernation for the time being. Looking forward to new experiences with the enthusiasts here!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Hah -
Moved on to Allstate (Puch)
Smoky little sods....I started on one of those.

If you can beleive it - there is a guy in Toronto that has one running and he rides it.

Anyways - welcome and please let us know the better Ohio roads. I'm not all that far away in Toronto and looking for some wider horizons than PA.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
brings back a lot of early scooter memories.
A 650? What kinda Wayne Industries Batcycle you have back then? The MCs weren't that big... Lol :laughing5:

Congratulations! I'm sure the bike will bring back memories for many years to come. And welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Welcome to the Burgman world. I belong to a scooter group in N E Ohio
, ACW Scooter Club, most of the members also ride Burgies. If you would like to meet like minded fun people, you can check us out at www.meetup.com/A-C-W-Scooter-Riders/ . Hope you enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A 650? What kinda Wayne Industries Batcycle you have back then? The MCs weren't that big... Lol :laughing5:

Congratulations! I'm sure the bike will bring back memories for many years to come. And welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.
Coming off a Whizzer, the high-revving two-stroke scooters were speed demons back then.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hah -
Smoky little sods....I started on one of those.
If you can beleive it - there is a guy in Toronto that has one running and he rides it.
Anyways - welcome and please let us know the better Ohio roads. I'm not all that far away in Toronto and looking for some wider horizons than PA.
There's a few Allstates out and about around me. They usually show up at the Vintage shows and swap meets.

I like getting off the beaten path and enjoy running the back roads and touring through the Amish areas; great food and a laid-back lifestyle.

I've spent quite a bit of time up your way. My mother grew up in Port Credit and I've got relatives from the border to way past Toronto. Always enjoy visits up there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts