Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Brit TMAX on video

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  NormanB 
#1 ·
I copy the following message as it has an interesting bit of video (fast access only) - this one could generate a bit of discussion!!! Me - I say nothing. :)

Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:11:51 -0000
Subject: Re: TMax Lost Keys :(

> If it was me I'd flick the problem to the Yam service centre - 2
weeks of
> public transport may be cheaper than a home grown bodge up job.
>
> Skoota

Thanks for this Skoota - I don't think taking it to a locksmith is the way to go (service place recommended that too), only because I can't be bothered to push it the 1.5 miles to the locksmith...

Will see if Yamaha Service Centre can order the part and I'll get someone else to fit it (like my regular nice guys on Harrow Road), but I can't go for 2 weeks in a car....noooooooooo...!!

p.s. check out http://www.nickster.com/bikeblog/compilation1.wmv- it's about 20mb big and it's a small film I made using my Nokia phone from on-board my tmax....phone wedget in helmet! :)

N

See less See more
#2 ·
Norm,

Thanks for the entertaining clip. Where did you manage to get that Motorcycle Safety Foundation training video? :wink: I assume this was for the 'advanced' course?

And he was riding on the wrong side of the road most of the time, too... :roll:

#3 ·
Thanks Norman :shock:

I recognized the roads from my Saturday morning rides up to The Ace Café. I'm so glad I wasn't sharing the roads with that plonker.

In fact, did anybody spot any other powered two-wheelers during his journey?

And what was he riding? Whatever it was, it was a darned sight slimmer than my Big Burger!!!

:wink:

#4 ·
I believe it was a TMAX (but I could not swear to that).

He takes a whole lot of risks that I would not contemplate even on the Svelte.

I must say I found it entertaining and shocking in equal measure.

Neat idea with the phone camera tho!

The really funny thing is and a lot of plonkers do this - is they film themselves (their faces) - he does this right at the end. There is precedent in the UK for the police to track them down and the video evidence which the plonker has provided has been admissable evidence in successful prosecution! :lol:

#5 ·
We had a problem with people doing this in Houston about 15 years ago, until one day someone got the wonderful idea to open his car door in front of the poor boob.

BLAM!

Now this could have been a routine accident that only a few goggling onlookers would have noticed, except that channel 2 was out playing with thier shiny new news chopper and caught the whole thing on tape & aired it on the 6 o'clock news.

Suddenly there was a whole rash of these types of accidents, and the insurance companies never called a halt to it by denying claims.

After a while they kind of slowly stopped happening and it's extremely rare to see someone pull a stunt like that in Houston to this day.

Fun things to know & learn!

#6 ·
I think his T-max must have a lot of scratches, my T-max is 775mm wide and that's not including the mirrors. The gaps between traffic seems very narrow at some places. I don't think I would have been able to pull this of with one hand on the handlebar only. Btw if you like this kind of movies there's an old french movie when a guy drives around paris in about 7 minutes. However I think he died when trying to beat his time the next time he did it.

#8 ·
Wyldman said:
We had a problem with people doing this in Houston about 15 years ago, until one day someone got the wonderful idea to open his car door in front of the poor boob.

BLAM!

Now this could have been a routine accident that only a few goggling onlookers would have noticed, except that channel 2 was out playing with thier shiny new news chopper and caught the whole thing on tape & aired it on the 6 o'clock news.

Suddenly there was a whole rash of these types of accidents, and the insurance companies never called a halt to it by denying claims.
I am suprised and shocked! If this is true and I was a relative of a biker killed in such a fashion - then I would pursue a murder charge against the sad cager who did such a thing.

While I do not condone the risk taking that chap was up too - in principle lane splitting and filtering are legal here (and in California too) - for any cager to wifully open his car door with the intent of causing injury or worse - is the act of someone who needs pyschiatric help and a prison term.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.