Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bridgestone's latest rear tire for the Burgman 650 is rated with an "M". From what I understand this means the tread that is on the road when the bike is vertical is harder than the tread when you lean the bike in turns. If this is the case then the tires should wear longer. Has anyone found this to be true?

I realise softer rubber makes for sticky tires but very short life. I'm hoping they are right. I'm lucky to get 6,500 miles on the rear tire. I just changed mine with 19,500 original miles on the front and 6,500 on the rear.

·
Administrator
18,742 Posts
Marv, most have found that the new compound "M" tires do NOT last longer. I have not tried one so I am spreading "Hearsay". :D

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bridgestone tires

I thought the "M" was the speed rating for that tire.

John
I think the speed rating is "H". Which is 130 Miles per hour.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I bought one of the "new, improved" Bridgestones. Lasted less miles then the original and speeded up my desire to dark side.

·
Administrator
18,742 Posts
I bought one of the "new, improved" Bridgestones. Lasted less miles then the original and speeded up my desire to dark side.
And then there's that. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bridgestone (and others) have produced dual compound tires for some time now. I tried them on my ST1300 and, as claimed, the center (hard compound) wore less but the shoulder compound (softer and stickier) wore more quickly and resulted in a cuff that caused the tire to drop into turns and felt quirky coming out. I suspect they work OK for those who drive the freeways a bunch, but not for those who love to ride "twisties".

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts