Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to put some new tires on the 400, and had planned on using Bridgestone Hoops. My local dealer has the Battlax in stock, but I had never researched them. I can't find any discussion in this 400 forum about them, although I have seen some posts mention them regarding the 650. Have any of you 400 owners used this tire, and what are your experiences with them?
My original Hoops rear gave me 6K miles. Last change, I went with Metzeler FeelFree front and rear, and now I am replacing at only 5K. I did like the handling of the Hoops better than the Metzeler. Hoping the Battlax handles as well, and might last a little longer? I was going to just do another 5K on a new Metzeler rear until the front was worn, but on closer inspection, the front isn't going to make it another 5K. I have never had a front tire wear so quickly.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
No experience with a battlax on a 400.

Had a set of Pirelli Diablos...no longer made, love them. Replacement is the Pirelli Diablo Rosso...these appear to be scarce and on B/O. Haven't tried them yet.

Currently running Shinko SR567/SR568 and like them...can't beat the price. MotoSport dot com has good prices, <$100

·
Premium Member
17,842 Posts
Many years ago I did on my 400. but I got waay better tire life than you, I think handling and all round performance can really be subjective to so many things, riding style, temperature, tire pressure, load conditions, riding surface, bearings and brake drag, etc it's hard to give a fair and accurate comparison, also maybe over time composition could have changed. All my tires generally lasted about the same, front nearly twice as long as back, and usually 7 to 8 thousand miles to the back.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm getting new tires on my 2011 Burgy 400, going to give Dunlop Scootsmarts a try. Still have life in the old tires, but they are 10 years old. Time to change even though they look okay.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I run Shinkos, and get 7-9,000 on the back, probably a little more on the fronts, but I change them sooner than most peeps probably do.

Reactions: Passport1

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I've never noticed a difference among different tire brands, as far as handling. But then, I ride at 5/10 max.
But installing them, Shinkos seem to be easier than others. With comparable tire life.

Reactions: Dave_J
1 - 7 of 7 Posts