Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
So you are taking off a trike kit to install another trike kit? Was there something wrong with the Towpac unit?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
so you are taking off a trike kit to install another trike kit? Was there something wrong with the towpac unit?
+1 ...

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Motor Trike unit is a true trike kit with a three wheel stance where a tow pac is four wheels more like training wheels on a bicycle. My wife has a towpac on her 400 and a trinity trike kit on her 650. Both ride good but she prefers the trike, although the 400 and 650 are completely different bikes.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Looks like this is a true trike conversion kit rather than a side wheel kit like the Towpac.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Towpac is fairly new

So you are taking off a trike kit to install another trike kit? Was there something wrong with the Towpac unit?
Nothing wrong at all with tow pac unit, matter of fact, it is practically new, hubby just was so impressed with the "breeze" unit, he decided to take the plunge in getting the breeze unit. Also, that it is a real trike, opposed to the 4 wheel unit, it appears to be more stable, and no middle tire to contend with, it also has 14" wheels, instead of the 12" the tow pac has, overall we both are impressed with the breeze, just awaiting for it to arrive in Mobile, for installation of.

Have place a pic of the towpac unit on the form's classified section, "for sale"

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance. I've never seen a burgman trike other than in pictures, didn't understand the mechanics of them. Good luck. Hope the Breeze unit works out for you.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I would like to see the Trinity trike and the Motortrike breeze side by side. I wonder if there is a noticeable deference in the ride.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hubby got a call yesterday, motortrike trike kit will be shipped to dealer in Mobile on April 29th, hubby plans to take his bike over on the 30th or May 1 for the switch over, to install the trike kit. He will be taking off the towpac unit in the next few days. The towpac unit is practically new, and have it listed "for sale" on the classified section of this forum. We both are anxious to get this all over with. Will share his response/experiences with the new kit on it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, we should be leaving Wed, to take the burgman to Mobile, Al, for dealer to install the new "breeze trike it". Burgman is already loaded on the trailer, Hubby installed the towpac unit back on the 2003 honda silverwing 600, that he has, which is up for sale as a unit or will sell seperately. He recently had a new paint job done for the silverwing, which is now a pretty metallic silver, he will be painting the fenders of the two pac unit, to match the silverwing......boys and their toys, lol....anxious to get all of this behind us, and get some pics of the burgman with the new "breeze trike kit" installed on the burgman. Will share when all is completed.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Knightgale, what ever happened with the Motor Trike Breeze conversion? I'm anxious to hear all about it but you've never posted anything about the install, costs, or opinions. I'm interested in possibly converting my 650 but can find zero info or opinions on the installed product. I've sent an email to Motor Trike and no reply... something seems kinda strange. Please advise.
Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think the "problem" is that there aren't that many on the road w/the MT kit and those that are might not be on this forum. Knightgale has been gracious enough to share how things went w/hers, I've not gotten responses from anyone else on theirs (again probably for reasons stated). As I'm about a year or two away from doing the kit myself, I think the best way to check it out is to go to the factory or by chance be able to see the whole thing in person from a fellow rider. A "trike" section would be great on this forum, but I'm not sure if the actual traffic would support it, but it would sure help for those looking at the possibilities.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
So sorry for a late reply, have been on the road most of the month of August, just got your private messages Wilythek and replied to you...When hubby became interested, we found a dealer in Mobile, Al, we went over to talk to him, he was very helpful in the whole procedure, he ordered it for us, then we took his bike over and left it with him for the installation of this trike unit..Motortrike.com does have a "dealer location" link at the top of their website, you can search for dealers in your state, they do post prices for this unit to include what accessories are listed, there is a link for that as well....hubby is not into computers, but do know he has been/is well please with his trike kit unit.....If I can be of any help along the way please feel free to send me a note or reply here or contact me at [email protected] or you are welcome to call hubby(Mike LaCross) and talk to him if you wish at 334-447-9509...do need your NAME, so I can tell him who you are if/when you call him. .....Again, I apologize for the delay in a reply here

·
Registered
66 Posts
The folks at Motor Trike told me that if you or any Burgman Forum member called and asked for Brandy Russell she could give you any information you needed on their Breeze Conversion. (800) 908-7453 or (903)842-3094.

I would suggest this and also get info on their dealers w/ install experience on the Burgman

Knightgale, what ever happened with the Motor Trike Breeze conversion? I'm anxious to hear all about it but you've never posted anything about the install, costs, or opinions. I'm interested in possibly converting my 650 but can find zero info or opinions on the installed product. I've sent an email to Motor Trike and no reply... something seems kinda strange. Please advise.
Thanks, Bill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts