Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Just like you did :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have heard of this before in other circles but have never had the chance to try it until now.
I got connected to their web site but parts of it are URL blocked over here.

Cheers
Ian :D

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
It worked for me.

I have seen this about a year ago, it is interisting reading.

I think primarily aimed at racing motors. I did a modified version of this techniec.

I do strongly agree about the oil changes. I changed early and frequently. miles 250, 600 and 1,200, then normal.

As for RPM, Varying the throttle is the most important, as for high limit, I did peak it to 6,500 @ 200 miles, but then came back down. I did not baby it as much as Suzuki recommends, I did not "beat it" either.

It does make for good discusion.
I heard the main reason Suzuki wants the 4,000 RPM Limit is, "Liability Issues". They figure at 500-600 miles you should be comfortable enough for higher speed if your new to bikes/scooters.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I told my motorcycle dealer that my 2003 CR-V and Ford Ranger didn't call for any special break in procedures in regards to their engines. From day one, neither one of these cars ever used a drop of oil. I was concerned because on the B400, the restriction is "below 4000" RPM. You reach that pulling out of a parking lot.

The dealer, who seemed to know his stuff, told me that the RPM and speed restriction is to ensure the new owner gets familier with their new machine rather than anything "really" engine related. He did say to take it easy on the brakes and on full throttle acceleration as it breaks in the belt and brake shoes better if you are easy on them for the first 100 miles.

He told me that there are customers that buy sportbikes that have break in restrictions, mod the bike, and go racing within 100 miles of buying the bike witihout any engine related issues.

I have no idea what the reality is, but this is what I was told.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Was it Randy who said "ride it like you stole it" regarding breakin. I think he's right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts