Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Break Away Cruise Control on my 650. It works fine as long as the temperature is above 65 degrees F. If it drops below it will not hold the set speed. I have the directions but have not yet tried to tighten the clamps. Has anyone else had this problem? I am concerned if I tighten the adjustment so it holds in colder weather will it be too tight when it warms up.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Mine works perfectly.. Never an issue

·
Premium Member
14,227 Posts
If you originally adjusted your Breakaway when the air temps were hot them it likely won't hold when the weather turns cold. If you adjust it when the weather is cold you may not be able to push the set button hard enough to set it when the weather gets hot. I went through both those conditions when I first got mine. As near as I can tell it is because of the plastic and medal parts expanding and contracting at different rates as the air temp changes.

I finally did the adjustment when the air temp was about 70 degrees. Now it will hold in temps down close to freezing and I can still set it when the the temps are 100+.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote="Buffalo".

I finally did the adjustment when the air temp was about 70 degrees. Now it will hold in temps down close to freezing and I can still set it when the the temps are 100+.[/quote]

Thanks, Buffalo.

The weather Wednesday in South Florida is supposed to be 72 degrees F at 9:00 AM. I will try adjusting it then. It's nice to be able to ride all year round down here. I don't think I would own a bike if I had to park it for the winter.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I just installed one on my 650 today. I tightened the 4 set screws on the slip ring down 1 full turn each onto the adaptor ring. Directions said up to 2 full turns max.
Dry run in the driveway say's it works fine. It releases with a squeeze of the front brake or pushing the manual release lever. I can't road test it until after this rain spell. Seems easy enough to adjust if it slips. It looks to be a well built product. :thumbup:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TwoWheelers said:
I just installed one on my 650 today. I tightened the 4 set screws on the slip ring down 1 full turn each onto the adaptor ring. Directions said up to 2 full turns max.
Dry run in the driveway say's it works fine. It releases with a squeeze of the front brake or pushing the manual release lever. I can't road test it until after this rain spell. Seems easy enough to adjust if it slips. It looks to be a well built product. :thumbup:
It's a great product. You will really like it. The only drawback is trying to use it while following in a group ride. Groups never seem to travel at a constant speed. If you're the leader in the group it is a pleasure to use. Hills do present a problem. You go up a little slower and down a little faster. I wonder why. (Just kidding). I see you're from the sunshine state. Should not be a problem. The only hills I see are on the overpasses. South Florida is very flat.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Marv said:
TwoWheelers said:
It's a great product. You will really like it. The only drawback is trying to use it while following in a group ride. Groups never seem to travel at a constant speed. If you're the leader in the group it is a pleasure to use. Hills do present a problem. You go up a little slower and down a little faster. I wonder why. (Just kidding). I see you're from the sunshine state. Should not be a problem. The only hills I see are on the overpasses. South Florida is very flat.
You should set up a lunch meet out your way at Fishermen's Village, Joe Cracker, or... for us scooterists. I'm available every weekend, and the wifester every other weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts